“Very good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reykjavik
“Very good food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is small and cosey place with an excellent fish food.Me and my families did all get very good
food and I highly recommend this place some one of the best fish restaurant in Iceland.You will
get good atmosphere good service and excellent food.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kristjanbl

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Little disappointed”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had heard great things about Prir Frakkar so had afternoon trip from Selfoss really to see town, visit cathedral and this restaurant. Knew it would be pricey for my budget but was prepared as read great reviews and wanted good meal. Firstly me and my son were first ones in restaurant and were sat by a fire escape door in conservatory where the wind whistled through and was very cold. This didnt get me off to a good start and killed any ambience there may have been. My starter of smoked puffin was good as was my sons mink whale and char. However the whale steak I had after was very disappointing. Cooked very nicely but soo salty and I think that was down to the peppercorn sauce not the whale??? Also whale is much more chewy than expected despite being cooked to perfection (rare). My sons horse tenderloin was absolutely excellent. Cooked rare again and melt in the mouth. Wish I had chosen that. Best steak ever eaten. Service was good just really annoyed with noise and cold from fire door - didnt warm up again for rest of night. Not to mention if there was a fire..............

• Visited February 2013
Red Lodge, Montana
“It Came Recommended”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The cab driver had a little trouble finding this place, though it is near downtown Reykjavik. We (5 of us) didn't have reservations on a Friday night, but they found a spot for us anyway. The monkfish was wonderful, and I tried a little of the fin whale and puffin off other's plates. The shark was prepared in the traditional, very strong tasting, manner, and the waitress gave us a number of warnings about it. One of our part ordered it, and it was not for the faint of heart. A little pricey, but I felt the food was worth it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chuck S
London, United Kingdom
“cosy, relaxed and traditional”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

small, quaint and cosey - it was recommended to me by my hotel receptionist who had previously worked there...

delicous food, slightly pricey but worth it. Serving a variety of traditional icelandic food - I had smoked minke whale to start - served cold with salmon (gravlax style) - very very good and i highly recommend. I followed this with a fish hash... erm, interesting!! very well seasoned - (try it before you add additional salt/pepper) - cheesey, and a little oily - very filling although couldnt really detect the fish for the other flavours... would be a good meal to reload on calories if youve been out galivanting all day!

Staff very friendly and table water and bread were served as standard.

a nice relaxed environment - youre fine in just jeans and t's :)

Visited January 2013
Oro Valley, Arizona
“Real Icelandic flavors”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I dined at 3 Frakker after looking through reviews and the recommendation of several locals. This place is hard to find if you are on foot, but taxis are constantly going past the door. It's a small, cozy former home. We were seated in what was probably the living room. We started with the sampler plate. It was mostly good, but have to say, the fermented shark has to be an acquired taste. Tasted of ammonia. I had the fried cod chins. Very tasty. Prices reflected the upscale cuisine. Well worth the $$$. Wish we could've gone back for another meal.