“Great Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not cheap by any means but the food we ate was delicious my Wife's Cod really hit the spot with her and she can be a bit fussy with fish but this piece was very fresh and cooked to perfection. I had the Monkfish which was beautifully cooked and the Langoustine Bisque (or Lobster as Iceland likes to call it) was a great flavour.

Overall a really cosy environment and well worth a visit.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant a couple of years ago and it was fantastic. This month we went back full of expectations and were sorely disappointed. The food was moderate - the sauces for the lamb and the catfish tasted the same. Presentation was poor and the subtlety of the last visit's cooking was entirely absent, some of it was just plain bad. We won't be going back: there are many superb restaurants in Reykjavik - this one is no longer one of them.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

An excellent meal in this very pleasant restaurant in a residential district of Reykjavik. Very pleasant and helpful staff. We were there early on in the evening but the restaurant soon filled up, mainly with locals. Always a good sign. Had to try the local dishes and very pleased that we did. A memorable event.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went here the other night (29 Dec.) with my husband and our local Icelandic friends (Jon and Gudni). We were able to get a table even though they were pretty busy. We had a fantastic dinner here. We tried the horsemeat, lamn, onion soup and some type of fish (can't remember). All of the dishes were simply delightful! They were all prepared perfectly and flavorful. Throughout our trip we had several locals tell us that this was their favorite seafood in town. The ambiance is intimate and local. Will definitely go back for more next time we are in town! Thanks again!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had dinner at 3 frakkar, smoked puffin and haddock. They are located behind ‘the church’ in a residential area. I had researched a ton of restaurants and if I stayed a month I don’t think I would have made it to all of them. Such a great selection. I asked a few locals where they would go and all said 3 frakkar. I arrived before they opened and they let me in. after about an hour they were filled.

1  Thank agent99712