“Over-Rated”
Review of Perlan - CLOSED

Perlan
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The view is very nice. And that's all of positive things you could say about that place.

Staff doesn't bother with getting to you. Food is tasteless. You just don't want to go there.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Was terrible weather when we went for dinner although a great view of the city lights while revolving around and eating a 4 course pre-selected menu. We enjoyed the meal and good portion size, although we felt the price was overly inflated for the view. We have been to several revolving restaurants around the world and this was the worst value for money. Service was worth a mention.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went here to celebrate our engagement and we were very impressed. The restaurant is beautiful with the glass roof and amazing views, and having a real pianist playing sets the scene perfectly. The service was very good and friendly, food was very well presented and very tasty. We were very impressed with the extra touches such as getting little chocolates and cakes when you order coffee, small things that make a difference. We were very happy with the price of the meal, which was not extortionate all things considered.

There is not one bad thing I can say about our experience here and it was definitely a night to remember. I would recommend this restaurant for something extra special!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Two stars is simply for The gorgeous Perlan building. It brings me endless memories and I've always looked upon it as a palace. My second star is for a waiter called Sigurður! He is an absolute star! What a wonderful host and waiter. Despite the older waiter putting his leg up while he was checking out his Facebook page, Sigurður went completely out of his way to make our stay as nice as possible, we are talking being humorous and polite at the same time which actually made our night there. The food was sadly not good. My husband got a starter that was 5 times the size of mine, he didn't find it appetizing. Absolutely as wrong as wrong gets! Later we got our main (duck) that we had to return as it was as dry as dry gets. When we finally got our second round it was, not as dry but ...it was still very dry. I try a new fine dining restaurant in Iceland every month, I've tasted pretty much most of them apart from the new places, sadly I'm EXtREMELY disappointed with Perlan, which breaks my heart as it should be "stripped" of their old carpets and bad cookery and become the heart of Reykjavik once again with some passion!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

While this restaurant is not cheap it does provide excellent value for money in exceptional surroundings (particularly for Iceland). Exceptional service and high quality food, with wonderful views of the city. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it-lobster soup was one of the best ever tasted. Cost was around £100 for 4 courses and a good wine for 2 people-good value for what you got.