“Northern lights hunt by minibus ”
Review of Trips

Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

Oh wow, I'm speechless! I don't like organised tours but I'm so glad I went for this one! I always wanted to see northern lights but I knew that staying in city, I might not get the best view of it.
Tour guides Arinbjorn and Joana (I think that was her name) were great, funny and I learnt a bit about northern lights from them. It was like listening to a story, when they were explaining it to us.
What I really loved about this tour was that they made it fun, they made us to be a part of an Aurora hunt. At beginning they told us some options where it should be visible and we could chose where we wanted to go. As we were driving, they called their friends in those locations to check what can be seen and then we could choose. WOW! Ehmm somehow they managed to make us all work as a team. Mind you, I am shy person an we didn't know each other! But I made new friends there.
At first I was bit disappointed when I've seen northern lights. I was expecting the stuff from photos. They told us these are not that strong if we would like to hunt bit more. And off we went. What we found next was spectacular view of dancing green light visible with a bare eye. BONUS watching this with cup of hot chocolate with a biscuit on a freezing cold night! Truly PRICELESS!
Tour guides were were friendly, happy to answer any questions anyone asked them. Another bonus was the short story and Icelandic lullaby they sang to us on the way back. And after that they just let us quietly enjoy the ride back. Like they were reading our minds.
But wait this wasn't all. When they were dropping people off, at least 5 of them said 'See you tomorrow night for another aurora hunt!' And I totally understand why! If I wasn't leaving next day I would book another trip and go again as well.
Thank you so much Arinbjorn and Johana for an amazing tour time! I like their website Trips.is and their trips.

All reviews
"sense of humour"
in 6 reviews
"bigger bus"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"clear skies"

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

Had the most amazing day, was so special and stopped in some real special places (off tour). Hakon was an amazing tour guide, great sense of humour, had the bus in laughter and filled us with knowledge, nothing was to much. Definitely would do his again! Such a lovely sized bus, cosy and great connection, really get to know each other. Definitely recommend booking with trips and Hakon as a tour guide!! AMAZING!

1  Thank jessarowe
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Bob and Hakon were enthusiastic and very thoughtful to their guests. Their joyous spirits were contagious while searching for the elusive Aurora. They did not give up or tire easily and we indeed found photo worthy Northern Lights. The mini bus was comfortable and more intimate than the larger excurision buses. Thank you for a wonderful beginning to our stay in Iceland!

1  Thank sonyac334
Reviewed October 29, 2016

We booked a Northern Lights tour through Viator, and unfortunately the first time (October 15, 2016) was really bad weather... no Lights. But they offered free rebooking, so the second time, despite overcast skies, we went just to the right spot and saw beautiful Northern Lights through an opening in the clouds. Our guide Thorstein was very good at finding the right spot, he communicated repeatedly with others who got him to the right spot. I think we lucked out on a very rainy trip.

2  Thank Maine_vegan
See more reviews
Reviewed October 21, 2016

We booked via our hotel to go Northern Lights Hunting with Trips as the forecast was for clear akes and hog activity. We paid for the coach rather than smaller minibus tour. The skies were clear but no lights showed up at all, however our guide took us to interesting locations including the hot geysers on the Reykjavik peninsula which were magical in bright moon light. Because we had a 'no show' we went again the following night for free. This time we were in a minibus which meant a better group atmosphere but this time unforecast cloud cover meant we again saw no lights - but did have a trip to the coast and a lovely little floodlit church. The following night the tour was cancelled as cloud was forecast but Trips booked us in for the 4th night, again in a minibus and after a relatively short time we had a fantastic show of the lights. All well wort the effort and Trips did everything to make us feel welcome to keep coming, made the evenings entertaining and positive. Thanks to our guides: day 1 a name that sounded like 'Artiste' and Days 2 and 4 'Fun'/'Shorty'

1  Thank Eaton-Bsmith34