Tripadvisor
Reykjavik
Post
Inbox
Search

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $134.00
from $45.73
from $40.22
from $84.85
More Info
All reviews north america christopher columbus main church history books largest church big church photo opportunity beautiful church worth a visit icelandic history hallgrimskirkja explorer inscriptions viking tribute erected voyage
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While on our walking tour, we learned about the saga[s] and my husband and I will be listening to these soon!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 10, 2020

Directly in front of the Hallgrim Church stands this statue of Leif Eiriksson. It is a gift from the USA. Nice to look at and a great photo motif!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed December 22, 2019

Situated right outside the Lutherian Church, this statue was a gift from the US to the people of Iceland. This is evident from the inscription behind the statue.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 21, 2019

Each time I have been to Iceland, I made sure I visited his statue even if I don't go into Hallgrimskirkja Church each time as well. Its just a show of respect I feel obligated to do when I am in Reykjavik.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed December 19, 2019

Leif Eiriksson is said to be the first European to reach in Vinland (which is part of North America; possibly Newfoundland). This one is just a nice statue erected in his memory.

Date of experience: October 2019