“Great trips, shame about one of the staff 😒”
Review of What's On

What's On
Ranked #13 of 190 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Provision of information for Iceland and Reykjavik with a focus on the South West of Iceland. The information you gain allows you to experience Iceland whether you be an individual or a group and the tours we provide represent a cross-section of what is available in Iceland today. We try to always create organic choices for our clients and give the best opportunity for you to make the best of your time in Icleland. We of course always welcome your input in the first instance so that we can help you in the best way. Our location looks to provide you also with the history of Iceland and not just the natural attractions that you can experience. Although we can book all hotels, tours and attractions our first priority is to provide excellent customer service and quality Tourist Information. Regards, What´s On in Iceland
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We used them twice and the tours were really great :) the female staff member was really friendly and helpful, customer experience was only ruined by this slightly Scottish sounding guy who twice embarrassed us in front of other people because we wanted our 20 krona change (first time he did it he actually cut across his colleague who was serving us at the time). I just think it was rude and unprofessional, if you owe someone change just give it to them don't make them feel like they're being cheap and putting you out.

Dear Robin,

We are very sorry if your experience was slightly negative. I see you purchased two different tours at two different times with us. I have passed on your regards Judit who is the girl you mention.

Perhaps we joke sometimes too much when we are busy as we were at the weekend.

I believe I gave you 4 x 5kr coins in the end, I just had to find the change which we did not have in the cash desk. I did not mean to give you the wrong impression that 20kr the equivalent of 0.16 Euros or 15 pence is not any value in money.

Again, I apologise if you felt I was rude, I was by no means saying you were not entitled to the 20kr.

I very much hope that you enjoyed your tours and that you enjoyed your time in Iceland.

All reviews
"adventure"
"route"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Not better or worse then most and there are many, many in Reykjavik. Specializes in different kind of tours then the regular one. If you want a standard Golden Circle tour stick with the big guys like Grey or Reykjavik encounters. Game of Throne or Ice Caves, try this place

Hæ,

We are actually one of the very few remaining Tourist Information and booking centres on the main street (Laugavegur) in downtown Reykjavik. There have been many before us and there may well be many after us but we intend to provide a friendly and comprehensive service.

Reykjavik Excursions and Grayline are indeed the big bus option for the budget traveller.

Technically our staff can book any tour available in Iceland. We like the staff to talk to people and together they find the right fit for different people and different people´s budgets.

Compared to other holiday destinations Iceland has a crazy amount of options.

We try through our website and other channels to encourage people to contact us before they arrive.

Now, for example, it is the Northern Lights season and winter is approaching where perhaps people are thinking of self-driving so both of these options are best taken under advice. We are more than willing to provide that advice whether we book you a tour or a car.

Thank you for your review and I hope you enjoyed your visit to Iceland.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I bought the ice cave with snowmobile adventure (wich is pretty expensive). After over 1 hour waiting at the bus stop they were suppose to pick me up I got another pick up to the bus terminal just to find out they had left without me. I had to walk back to What's On (under a rainny day) to hear that aparently there were some mixup in their system. So the manager/owner tells me they're sorry and offers me another tour happening only at 2pm. So I ask him for a better deal on that tour after all that's happened, and in a rude way he answers that he already gave me a better price, and he was "helping" me, and if I wanted I could have my money back and be on my way. I'm sorry, but HE MESSED UP, and HE WAS NOT HELPING ME. I lost my day and energy with this, The least he should do was BE POLITE.

1  Thank PedroCarreiraB
EwanWhatsOn, Manager at What's On, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pedro,

Yes indeed there was an unfortunate and very rare mix up with booking systems where as explained our staff correctly booked you but the suppliers booking showed you as not requiring a pick up.

We tried to provide you with something interesting so your day was not wasted and yes indeed we were always willing to provide a 100% refund.

If you have yet to leave Iceland then perhaps there is something more we can do for you.

We wish all our clients to have a good experience as is represented by the vast majority of our reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Big shout out to Antonio for telling us so many awesome things to do for our short time in Iceland. My cousin and I wandered in to What’s On hoping to find a golden circle tour for the next day. Antonio was funny and super helpful setting us up with a tour and providing us a list of great things to do to fill up our day in Reykjavík. Thanks again!!

Antonio likes to get recognised for his fine work! :)

I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

We hope you had a great visit to Iceland and be sure to visit us again on your return.