“They forgot to pick me up”
Review of What's On

What's On
Ranked #13 of 190 things to do in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Provision of information for Iceland and Reykjavik with a focus on the South West of Iceland. The information you gain allows you to experience Iceland whether you be an individual or a group and the tours we provide represent a cross-section of what is available in Iceland today. We try to always create organic choices for our clients and give the best opportunity for you to make the best of your time in Icleland. We of course always welcome your input in the first instance so that we can help you in the best way. Our location looks to provide you also with the history of Iceland and not just the natural attractions that you can experience. Although we can book all hotels, tours and attractions our first priority is to provide excellent customer service and quality Tourist Information. Regards, What´s On in Iceland
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I bought the ice cave with snowmobile adventure (wich is pretty expensive). After over 1 hour waiting at the bus stop they were suppose to pick me up I got another pick up to the bus terminal just to find out they had left without me. I had to walk back to What's On (under a rainny day) to hear that aparently there were some mixup in their system. So the manager/owner tells me they're sorry and offers me another tour happening only at 2pm. So I ask him for a better deal on that tour after all that's happened, and in a rude way he answers that he already gave me a better price, and he was "helping" me, and if I wanted I could have my money back and be on my way. I'm sorry, but HE MESSED UP, and HE WAS NOT HELPING ME. I lost my day and energy with this, The least he should do was BE POLITE.

1  Thank PedroCarreiraB
EwanWhatsOn, Manager at What's On, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Pedro,

Yes indeed there was an unfortunate and very rare mix up with booking systems where as explained our staff correctly booked you but the suppliers booking showed you as not requiring a pick up.

We tried to provide you with something interesting so your day was not wasted and yes indeed we were always willing to provide a 100% refund.

If you have yet to leave Iceland then perhaps there is something more we can do for you.

We wish all our clients to have a good experience as is represented by the vast majority of our reviews.

All reviews
"adventure"
"route"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Big shout out to Antonio for telling us so many awesome things to do for our short time in Iceland. My cousin and I wandered in to What’s On hoping to find a golden circle tour for the next day. Antonio was funny and super helpful setting us up with a tour and providing us a list of great things to do to fill up our day in Reykjavík. Thanks again!!

Antonio likes to get recognised for his fine work! :)

I will be sure to pass on your kind words.

We hope you had a great visit to Iceland and be sure to visit us again on your return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great place for shopping The most Expensive thing in Iceland is Alcohol, Eating out. Town centre not that bad. BONUS PIG cheap as chips.

EwanWhatsOn, Manager at What's On, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hæ Claire,

To keep it simple, solid advice! :)

Alcohol like pretty much everything in Iceland is expensive, downtown the wine store is only open until 6pm Mon-Thurs, Fri until 7pm and Sat until 6pm then closed on Sunday.

Eating out can be one of the most expensive activities you do in Iceland unless you are clever. Feel free to contact us for some ideas.

Town Centre is all we have so we love it! Actually, there is plenty of culture as the Vikings rocked up in the 9th century.

BONUS PIG does not control anything but he is PINK and he is a supermarket that you should shop at as opposed to 24hr stores.

Hope you had a great visit to Iceland. :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked the walking tour for the afternoon we landed. Good way to stay awake and get on island time. Guide was knowledgeable, providing both historic and anecdotal facts along the way. The pace was perfect.

EwanWhatsOn, Manager at What's On, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hæ,

Basically sounds like you had a good time. The 2pm walking tour that meets at our location is semi-private whereas most tours are "free" as in you pay tips approx. $25 for a tour with approx 20 persons.

Trust the rest of your expeince in Iceland was the same.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had the pleasure of having a staff member of What’s On (Sirry) on one of the trips with us to the golden circle: platinum trip. She could have just come along for the ride as it was a guided trip, but instead she took an active role in telling lots of stories about her life and cool facts. The way Sirry, and the rest of the staff at What’s On ‘sell’ trips is exemplary.
They have one goal in mind when booking trips for people - is this trip right for this person? If the answer is yes then they do everything to make it happen. If not then they work tirelessly to make sure the customer finds the thing that will make Iceland special for them. Even if that means going elsewhere. The genuine level of care taken with each person is unmatched for booking agents that I’ve experienced. Thank you.

1  Thank Ryan C