“We went back for another meal”

Geysir Bistro Reykjavik
Ranked #66 of 462 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Soups, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Description: Would you like to take time from their everyday routine, sit down in a cozy environment, watch the bustling life itself, rushing in and enjoy the restaurants and services. Bistro is located in the center of the Vortex in the heart of Reykjavik. Bistro is offered a varied menu with an emphasis on the Icelandic specialties mixed with dishes with an international twist. We pride ourselves on freshness, variety and professionalism. We use fresh Icelandic ingredients in all our dishes. Whether the desire is delicious meal for lunch or a cozy evening in a small or large group offers Bistro welcomes you in a comfortable and homey atmosphere.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“We went back for another meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Love this restaurant, had a really nice evening meal there and later on In the week we went back for lunch. My partner has a restricted diet and yet the friendly and professional waitress listened patiently to the long list of no-no's and made sure he still got a tasty meal. Next time we are in Reykavik we will revisit.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Marsaxlokk, Malta
“Best meal ever BUT over prized”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

It was my last day in Iceland and I wanted to taste some traditional food for the last time. So me and my girlfriend drove to downtown, we had a place in mind but it was full and not up to my standards so we took a walk and looked for some other places . Finally I saw this big advert out side a tourist information place ... We both liked it so we decided to have lunch there ... The restaurant is inside kind of a small mall and I didn't like that , but I was so looking forward for the food ... A lady with a very nice smile welcomed us and gave us a very good table, close to the radadiator and by the window ... We took a look at the menu and the lady brought us two glasses of water complimentary, that was so nice of her.
We ordered as quick as possible coz I had to catch a flight , the lady knew that I was in a rush to go to the airport and she asked the chef to make it quick and in few minutes we were eating . The lady brought us another bottle of water for free .. THE FOOD WAS AMAZING, FRESH, AUTHENTIC,TRADITIONAL AND ORIGINALLY PLATED. ( I m a fussy person so it takes a lot to please me ) . We had one starter and 2 main courses, as I said they were delicious but it was over prized, for 1 starter and 2 main courses we were charged 12,000 isk round about 77 euros ... BUT AGAIN THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND THAT LADY WHO SERVED US WAS SO NICE, I DO RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• Visited September 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was really good, we didn't have too much time here but enough for a coffee and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I wish I had two stomachs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This food was excellent, from drinks to entree to desert. I still dream about the chicken club I had!

boston
“Great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner was delicious. My husband had the lamb fillet. "The best lamb he has ever had". I had the cod. Beautiful presentation and delicious. The service was great, our waitress was friendly and very competent.