1,826 results
All reviews great hotel underground parking the main shopping street happy hour bus stop heated towel rack small window porridge comfortable beds minute walk rooms are small shops and restaurants would stay here again breakfast was delicious would highly recommend this hotel skyr storage space
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for our honeymoon, I don't know if it was the excitement of holidaying without our toddler or the Hotel itself but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. I thought all the facilities were excellent and the location amazing. We had a car and always found parking indoors which was an added bonus. It was the perfect base to explore Iceland. I will return here again!!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Joanna S, General Manager at Skuggi Hotel by Keahotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Holdsworth 89,

We loved having you with us as well and we are thrilled to read your kind words. Thank you for sharing them.
We hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I returned from a 5 night stay recently at Skuggi Hotel. It was just a perfect location to explore so much of Iceland. The number 9 bus stop was literally across the street. We booked three awesome trips through Viator to explore the country. The entire concierge team was so friendly and helpful!! The breakfasts were fabulous...., hot and crispy breads, rolls, fresh fruit platters, plentiful lox ...cereals, nuts, waffles.....and so much more! We had a lovely room with awesome blackout shades!! The only notable negative was that every day when our room was made up...our shower bath mat was shredded along the edges.....not one day..but every day. One would think that it should have been discarded before it even made it into the bathroom. There were no washcloths as well as part of the bathroom amenities. More towels should have been allotted per guest room. It is just the little things that made it a Very Good instead of Excellent. I would return to this boutique hotel in a flash.... but I would hope that my comment would be considered.

Room Tip: Front facing...High floor
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear wldtravlr,

What a wonderful review that you wrote! Thank you very much for all your kind words towards our team. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our breakfast!

As for the comment about shower bath mat: Please note that this is not up to our standards and It is something we are currently working on. I can assure you that I will use your comments to take action to prevent this from happening again.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to welcome you again in the nearest future:)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good basic hotel rooms but a bit too small for two big luggages. No closet. No fridge in rooms but water boiler with tea/coffee. Crocery store next to the hotel. Close to shopping street but 10-15 min walk from the core center. But Reykjavik is a very small town so it doesn’t matter.
Very good breakfast with porridge and non-lactose choises.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Nopsa

Dear Nopsa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here! We had the best breakfast of our one-week stay here. It is a convenient location within walking distance of some popular sites. We would stay here again and recommend it to others!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElizK723

Dear ElizK723,

Thank you for your lovely review, I will pass on your comments to our breakfast team and throughout the hotel. We hope you visit us again soon and we look forward welcoming you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Skuggi is a very good choice in Reykjavik! It is contemporary, quiet, and clean. The sheets and beds are very comfortable. The front desk is great. And the breakfast is wonderful. The hotel is in a great location to bus stops to pick up tours and arrive and depart for airport, as well as its central location in the city. Good restaurants and grocery stores within a 5 minute walk. And if you are leaving the hotel for a few days for hiking or touring and returning before you leave, they will gladly hold your bag for you. If I return this will be my place of choice.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Exploration538628

Dear Exploration538628,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback and it’s great to hear that our team impressed you, we really strive to be as helpful as possible in order to deliver a great service that suits each and every guest. I will forward your feedback to our staff!
We hope you visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back!

All the best,