“Great seafood soup!”

Solon Bistro
Ranked #55 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Solon Bistro offers a great variety of small courses, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches and steaks in addition to fresh fish daily. Solon Bistro is located in the city center, at the top of Bankastraeti just below Skolavördustigur. The old building that Solon resides in is very beautiful with lovely interior design which gives the restaurant a vibrant and romantic look and feel. The second floor is for rent and more information please contact via email. The wine menu is very versatile and you’ll find wines from most of the world’s renowned vineyards. Coffee, drinks, cocktails and snaps of all sorts can be found at Solon Bistro. You're always welcome.
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after enjoying our Puffin Cruise. Three of us ordered the Seafood Soup which was delicious though very rich. One of us ordered the fish and chips which was good, though the fish was a bit bland.

Service was on the slower side, but generally friendly (not outgoing).

Lunch for a family of 4 cost us 11,760 kroner.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

On our first day Reykjavik, me and my partner got inspired for having dinner at this fine bistro by its soothing and sophisticated interior. Although it is located near the vibrant Laugavegur, the atmosphere in Solon was easy-going. The salmon was great when it was served with a delicious dill dressing, but by cause of the moderate potato and the cooked vegetables as well, the whole platter became just as regular. With a bit of effort, I could served this meal myself at home. The burger on the other hand, was according to my partner, good. No complains about the service. However, the waiters seemed to be quite distracted at first, because a couple of them guided us to tables which were reserved.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Stylish but still family friendly. We have visited a few times for cakes & coffee. Prices ok, good friendly service, nice atmosphere, yummy cakes.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Extremely inattentive staff that felt like they were bothered by having guests. It felt as if everyone had just been fired and told that this was their last day, so the general mood of the staff was horrible.

The food was neither horrible nor great. It was ok, but there are lots of tastier places around.

Would have gotten a one-star "horrible" rating, but I want to give the staff the benefit of the doubt that something unpleasant had happened earlier that day (since all the waitresses seemed equally pissed off).

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We had diner at this restaurant. My son had a grilled sandwich. The cheese had fallen out. It tasted ok.
My wife had risotto. She had no complaints and she liked the food.
I had a Caesar salade with bbq chicken. A strange combination. I liked the food but not the combination.
All in all a very mixed experience.

1  Thank TheStoneLion