“midweek lunch”

Solon Bistro
Ranked #57 of 511 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Solon Bistro offers a great variety of small courses, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches and steaks in addition to fresh fish daily. Solon Bistro is located in the city center, at the top of Bankastraeti just below Skolavördustigur. The old building that Solon resides in is very beautiful with lovely interior design which gives the restaurant a vibrant and romantic look and feel. The second floor is for rent and more information please contact via email. The wine menu is very versatile and you’ll find wines from most of the world’s renowned vineyards. Coffee, drinks, cocktails and snaps of all sorts can be found at Solon Bistro. You're always welcome.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our first venture to eating out in Reykjavik, a light lunch in the middle of town. There are so many places to choose from. We wanted something light. I had a "scandinavian" open steak sandwich while my wife had a Caesar's salad. all washed down with their local ale. Good value for money. Service was superb, our waiter really showed an interest in where we were from, what we'd planned etc.

Atmosphrere was fine but I probably wouldn't choose it for an evening meal (there are better options).

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We found this restaurant on our first night in Reykjavik and were pleasantly surprised at the prices and quality of the food. The service was good as was the speed of service. Worth a visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Ate here last night we both enjoyed the evening and the food was ok but really why put so much salt in the food?

I sent my main meal back as I just couldn't eat it with so much salt and to be fair they brought a new fish out but it was still salty . My husbands was also salty but he ate it

Such a shame as its a cool place with fab staff

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Price quality top! Nice staff. Delicious super burger. I would highly recommand this place for a good snack; lunch or dinner!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

After searching for a restaurant that wasnt ridiculously overpriced we came across Solon, a main meal will set you back about 2,500 kr. I had fish and chips and the other half had chicken burrito, both were nice meals, not amazing but good enough. The interior is stylish and staff friendly, i would recommended this place to anyone.