“Outstanding experience”

Austur-Indiafjelagid
Ranked #54 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Outstanding experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Quite a different menu from the usual Rogan Josh, Biryanis and Madras curries usually available. I was going to go for one of the curried fish dishes but the waiter suggested I try another salmon dish and was I glad I did! The four blackened lumps that arrived did not look like much - but OMG it was unbelievably delicious. My husband went for the lamb shank and we had it with rice and garlic nan bread and everything was not only tasty but not overpowered by heat. Every bite was incredible and well worth the £70 we paid for a three beers, two mains, bread and poppadums - I have certainly paid more for less and will definitely go back if I am in Reykjavik again.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Perth
“Perfectly cooked meats”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Recommended by a colleague in Toronto we came here on our last night on holiday in Iceland, as they were closed over the Christmas days. As promised the food was delicious and the bill, expensive.

We started with a lobster appetiser, the lobster was perfectly cooked. We tried the mixed tandoori grill - 3 pieces of lamb and 3 of chicken, two styles each. We had a fish curry (salmon) where the fish was perfectly cooked. We also had a vegetable dish and garlic naan (dripping in butter). We drank mango lassi and had steamed rice too.

• Visited December 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

An excellent Indian meal a little bit different from the typical meat and sauce you get in lots of places in England. Spicy and flavoursome, even for my spice-wary girlfriend.

I probably wouldn't worry about starters if I went again, nice, but not a patch on the main courses. The daal is highly recommended.

Try the IPA (ul fur) a tasty companion.

Visited December 2013
Midlands
“Wonderful food in an unlikely place”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited here in November. Having looked at reviews on TA and then looked at menu really fancied the food. We were not disappointed. Beautiful flavoursome food that left many different spice tastes on your palate. Would recommend. When I got there I realised I had visited before 18 months ago and if anything the food had only got better. Expensive but then most places in Iceland are so if you are going to spend a decent amount of money you may as well have excellent food

Visited November 2013
scotland
“Worth finding!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here because of the Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. The seating is a bit basic but the food was delicious and they made an Aloo Gobi for us even though it wasn't on the menu. Popular place so worth booking (our hotel did that for us).

Visited November 2013