“Great pad thai and green curry”
Review of Ban Thai

Ban Thai
Ranked #197 of 473 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“Great pad thai and green curry”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the place to go if you are not in a hurry. Waitresses are young, not very experienced in customer service. But food is worth waiting for! We had as an appetizer tofu triangles and spring rolls. Tasty, crispy and fresh - clearly made after ordering, not prepared/cooked the day before. As a main course we had pad thai wirh shrimps and chicken green curry. Shrimps were fresh, and green curry was delightfully tasty with basil. Very good food, and reasonable price in Iceland.

2 Thank Liisa_Helsinki

“Good choice if you have time to wait”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Tiny restaurant that serves tasty thai food. It was priced moderately (in Icelandic terms). However in the future I will remember this restaurant from its slow service. When we entered to the restaurant, it took a while before anyone cared to come to see us. It took again some moments before we got a menu, before we got any drinks, before someone came to ask our orders etc.

• Visited June 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Big expensive disappointment!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

After all, what should we expect when we are two Americans in Iceland eating Thai food. The food was dreadful. Everything so sweet! Careless preparation. The service was poor. The atmosphere was hot and crowded. Frantic activity by the wait staff. Small portions. High prices. Surely there are plenty of better places to eat in Reykjavik.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank judithpensacola
Telsiai, Lithuania
“One try and you can´t never forget the”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

While visiting Iceland one evening I went there with my family to get some delicious dinner. And you know what ? I want to share now with everyone that great experience and good memory about that restaurant. I liked the atmosphere there, the service was very good, the food.....it just melted with all those colorful flavors in my mouth .Oh it was so good ! I really liked it there, my family also enjoyed that evening . We ordered first appetizer spring-rools and if I remember correctly coconut prawns .It was very delicious , my wife especially liked coconut prawns. For the main meal we got some curry dish, fried rice and some meat dish ...I think it was Ban Thai chicken . To sum it all up we liked it very much. I am going to visit this place when I come to Iceland again. You feel so relaxed there :) Waitress also very nice there, sincerely tried to make our evening even more enjoyable .

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Egidijus K
Faro, Portugal
“The Best Thai food ever”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This is an old restaurant dated but clean. The oner and his wife cook the food in a small kitchen to the side of the restaurant behind the bar we found the food was so tasty and spicy cooked fresh with good Thai beer so refreshing . and the price was good. Opens at 19.00 hr try it we think you will like it..

Visited May 2014