TripAdvisor

from $180.38
from $281.84
from $315.67
More Info
All reviews great fun total blast hour tour rough terrain driving experience crossing rivers an absolute blast four wheel drive mount esja safety instructions private tour off road rainy day highlight of our trip lava fields take pictures great guide
Selected filters
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

After being let down by our hotels excursion over 400km away we thankfully were able to book with Buggy Adventures in the afternoon. We collected from our hotel by Aaron. From the time got in the bus right through to the end, Aaron was friendly and informative. Felt like we were going on an adventure with a mate. We learnt so much about Iceland itself and their lovely family run business. When we arrived at the depot to get suited up,Aaron took our pictures and then the fun began. Being that we were meant to go snowboarding and being so disappointed this worked out beautifully due to scenery, riding through the mountains, across streams, mud, and the beautiful landscape! Aaron made it so much fun and personalised. Got to get out half way through and just admire the pure beauty of the place. Felt like it lasted more than an hour! When we got back we had a cup of tea and biscuits and just reminisced over our adventure Aaron and the excellent, professional organisation of Buggy Adventures really made my birthday a special and memorable experience! Thank you Michelle & Martin

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Had an unreal day out, barrelling through the snow, rivers, tracks & mountains! Book the longer (2 hour) tour. You won’t regret it. My guide, Simon, was friendly, knowledgeable and a great guide.

Will be back in summer for another tour.

Can’t rate highly enough.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

We loved our buggy tour with Buggy Adventures, it actually just ended up being us two and the guide which made it such a personal and fun experience! We drove through small frozen creeks and rivers and even went to the top of a mountain where the views of the bay and Reykjavík were incredible, definitely top notch!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed March 6, 2019

Went there with a group of girlfriends and we paired up. I had my friend start driving cause I was overwelmed and a little bit afraid (careful by nature). I have never been an adrenalin-junkie in any respect and I held on for dear life while I screamed and laughed and smiled so hard my cheeks hurt. At the end of the line it was time to swap places and I tried to get my friend to stay on as our driver but she wouldn´t have it and I was too proud to admit I was too afraid to do it, but afterwards I was so incredibly glad she said no ´cause it was SO MUCH FUN!!!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

My sisters and I did this tour with no buggy experience. Very fun to get out there and go fast. Unfortunately the recent warm weather left us with some mucky conditions, not the best. We got stuck frequently, but Benedict was very patient and towing us out. If you can do this when it’s dryer, that would be best. They provide all the gear you would need and are thorough in their safety instructions.

Date of experience: February 2019