Forsaela Apartmenthouse
  • Bar/Lounge
$216
$210
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $260/night.

Hlemmur Square(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
$794
$561
$505
Travelocity
All reviewsapartment housethe main shopping streetthe main househighly recommend this propertythe busbusiness tripgreat apartmentrental carcentre of towncentral reykjavikhostspanstourschurch
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hlin and Siggi are lovely hosts. The guest house is cozy and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was great. I felt as if I had made a friend in Hlin. When I return to Iceland, I hope to be able to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2015

Dear friends of Forsaela,

Even time has passed, I wish to thank you for sharing with others a wonderful review about your stay at Forsaela B&B.

Thank you for your reviews which have contributed to our 2015 Certificate of Excellence awards on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcome you agai.

All the best,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

As my title suggests, we had an amazing time at Forsaela. From long before our summer 2014 arrival, Hlin was incredibly patient with me over email (a LOT of email) as we planned our stay, from helping us decide which apartment to stay in to actually providing us with a wonderful itinerary for the 3-day driving trip we took after we left Reykjavik! There is a reason (many reasons) that Forsaela (and Hlin and Siggi) get the amazing reviews that they do on TripAdvisor. Hlin greeted us so kindly at 1 am when we arrived exhausted with our very tired toddler, and when we told her our stroller had not arrived with us, she informed us that she (magically) had a stroller we could borrow -- and which we ended up using for the whole week of our visit! She went out of her way to help us contact the airport both to track down my husband's misplaced Iphone and our stroller (which *may* finally be on its way back to us in the US, fingers crossed--Hlin is still helping us with this!), she helped us plan fun things to do with our child (the central swimming pool, the fun park), she actually DID our laundry for us, she fixed the wifi when it went off at 10 pm at night, she provided us with a spare bottle of wine when we hadn't gotten one in time for dinner....etc. Forsaela would be lovely without Hlin and Siggi, but they make it truly special. And we loved our little blue apartment, both the way it was laid out and its marvelous quiet but very central location (for those on an extended stay, the round-the-corner Bonus market is key). We miss Iceland! I would stay nowhere else in Reykjavik other than Forsaela (in either the apartments or the B&B), and we all hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: The best apartment for those with very small (baby, toddler-aged) children is the one Hlin put us in -- the upper "west" apartment. But Hlin will help you decide!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lhcorange
Reviewed June 30, 2014

What a lovely place! When my non-Icelandic bus driver couldn't find Forsaela Apartments at first, Hlin stood in the middle of the road at 1:30 am to wave him down. The place is pretty and close to the middle of town, the breakfasts are great, the water is hot, but best of all Hlin is a fount of information, and as helpful as she can be. Book your stay here; you won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank The_Flying_Chef
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear friend of Forsaela.

Thank you for a wonderful review. It cheers me up to think about our conversations during breakfast, your keen interest and positive spirit and the thoughtfulness of leaving a woollen scarf for other guests to use.

I'll be looking forward to welcome the Flying Chef again to Forsaela.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

From the moment we arrived Hlin and Siggi made us feel at home in their house. They invited us in like we were special guests and part of their family. The house was clean, comfortable, cozy home to stay in.

Hlin and Siggi helped us with organizing tours, saved us from missing one that forgot us, and had great recommendations for activities, museums and places to go. They were ready to help us with anything we needed. The location is great on a quiet street one off from the main drag filled shopping, restaurant and a short walk from the downtown area.

The breakfasts Hlin prepared were a delicious feasts. She even keep an extra set of pancakes ready for my late arriving friend! I enjoyed our lovely conversations with Hlin while sipping coffee and devouring breakfast.

Our deepest gratitude for making our stay in Iceland fantastic! I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when I come back to Iceland.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike-Localally
Hlin G, Owner at Forsaela Apartmenthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear friends of Forsaela.

Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review. We take pride in making our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We truly consider every guest a special guest and we do our utmost to meet every guest needs.
We look forward to meeting you again on your next visit to Iceland.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed with Hiln and Siggi last week. Hiln and I had been in communication before we left the US for Reykjavik. She was most helpful not only in securing our accommodation, but is a wealth of information about travel in Iceland. As we approached Forsaela from the airport, Hiln was waiting at the curb to ensure that we had reached. The room that we stayed in was most comfortable and well appointed. Forsaela is located in the heart of town and yet is very peaceful and quiet. The breakfast the next morning was very sumptuous, and Hiln took care to ensure that we had plenty of options available as vegetarians. Hiln and Siggi ensured that our stay in Iceland got off to a great start! Thank you both. We hope we can return to your home soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear friends of Forsaela. Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review appreciating the quality of hospitality and personal service we emphasis. Me and Siggi are pleased to know that our little tips and suggestions regarding your tour around Iceland have been of help and we are looking forward to welcoming you again.