“Near perfection with a fantastic view”
Review of Grillid

Grillid
Ranked #85 of 464 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Fusion, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine dining On the eighth floor of the Radisson BLU Saga hotel is Grillid, a restaurant that for more than half a century has been a symbol of a perfect night in Reykjavik. The reason is simple, at Grillid quality comes first, in food and drink, service and atmosphere. A night at Grillid is really a celebration for your senses, quality food and fine wine. Grillid Restaurant truly defines fine Icelandic dining. Panoramic view Grillid is on the eight floor of the Radisson Blu Saga hotel in Reykjavik and provides amazing view over Reykjavik city, the sea and the mountains.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Near perfection with a fantastic view”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our party of 3, with some misgivings, decided to eat at our hotel restaurant. Otherwise, Grillid is not in a part Reykjavik that is densely packed with alternatives but is not remote from downtown either. We have been heavily into the fine dining scene during this week in Reykjavik. The meal at Grillid stands out as the best. The view was fantastic, it was quiet, service was attentive and professional and the food was delicious and creatively inspired. The seven course surprise, Chef's discretionary, price fixe with wine was very much a meal likely impossible anywhere but here using local products as much as practicable. Wine pairings worked well and arrived in time to be available for the intended dish. Portions were controlled so seven courses were not too many. This meal will be remembered as will the surprisingly vibrant Reykjavik dining scene.

4 Thank Rick H
RD_Saga, Manager at Grillid, responded to this review, February 11, 2015
Dear guest. It is a pleasure to hear such good comments about our restaurant Grillid. Satisfied guests are our rewards and they encourage us to continue our work with passion. We thank you for sharing this in your writings and hope to see you soon again.

Best regards Jakob Mar Hardarson

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mechelen, Belgium
“Great evening”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I arrived by myself in Reykjavik just around dinner time and decided to try the hotel restaurant. Luckily I found the way to the top floor, because I had a great experience. Amazing view on the city, very friendly and attentive staff and great food. I went for the three course menu with wine pairing and it was just lovely. Food was excellent and skilfully presented, although I found the starter a bit bland. Wines were excellent. All in all good value for money and I would certainly return.

1 Thank Tom V
RD_Saga, Manager at Grillid, responded to this review, February 11, 2015

Best regards Jakob Mar Hardarson
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Great service, great food, great views”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I enjoyed one of the best meals of my life last night at the Grillið Restaurant. This place has been around for as long as I remember and Im still raving about the last meal I had there about 20 years ago. It was high time I visited again as I had a meal that I can now rave about for the next 20 years. Mind you, after the service, food and views I enjoyed last night I won't leave so long until my next visit. Reykjavik is full of great restaurants but Grillið stands out for their longevity, and impeccable service. I highly recommend it for locals and visitors alike.

4 Thank PinkIceTeam
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Always excellent.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and went to Grillid. We had a wonderful evening with great food, wine and attentive service. I can only recommend everyone to go their and enjoy the view and great culinary skills.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Bohall
Monifieth, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Beautiful location, with high end dining & an ambitious chef.
We were allowed the time to savour our meal, with a couple of complimentary courses added in. The portions were satisfying without being too much, which allowed the innovative flavour combinations to shine.
I had the langoustines with smoked onions - a revelation! The beef tenderloin was possibly one of the finest courses I've ever had. Sublime, and having the chef serve the course & explain his food philosophy was a special touch.

Truly a meal to remember.

Visited June 2014