“Always excellent.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grillid

Grillid
Ranked #79 of 460 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Fusion, Scandinavian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine dining On the eighth floor of the Radisson BLU Saga hotel is Grillid, a restaurant that for more than half a century has been a symbol of a perfect night in Reykjavik. The reason is simple, at Grillid quality comes first, in food and drink, service and atmosphere. A night at Grillid is really a celebration for your senses, quality food and fine wine. Grillid Restaurant truly defines fine Icelandic dining. Panoramic view Grillid is on the eight floor of the Radisson Blu Saga hotel in Reykjavik and provides amazing view over Reykjavik city, the sea and the mountains.
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Always excellent.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and went to Grillid. We had a wonderful evening with great food, wine and attentive service. I can only recommend everyone to go their and enjoy the view and great culinary skills.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Bohall

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Monifieth, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've ever had”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Beautiful location, with high end dining & an ambitious chef.
We were allowed the time to savour our meal, with a couple of complimentary courses added in. The portions were satisfying without being too much, which allowed the innovative flavour combinations to shine.
I had the langoustines with smoked onions - a revelation! The beef tenderloin was possibly one of the finest courses I've ever had. Sublime, and having the chef serve the course & explain his food philosophy was a special touch.

Truly a meal to remember.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank JimP1970
Vancouver, Canada
“Best meal of my life thus far”
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

I will not be able to do a review justice as I am not a poet. Chef Sigurður and his team created by far the best tenderloin I’ve had, and I grew up on Alberta beef. The complimentary charcuterie and amuse-bouche were divine and dessert left me with a grin I couldn’t hold back.
My biggest goal for a return to Iceland is to bring friends or family on my next trip, and I will be sharing this experience with them.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Richard F
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
“5 out of five”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Got a Four course tasting menu - great staff and the Chef came that inspire us - specially chosen "everything" from the Icelandic menu. Le Courlis Sauvignon Tourain *****

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Erluas
Stavanger, Norway
“Extraordinary lamb”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The lamb was brilliant. The starter as well as the dessert tasted wonderfully. The service was great.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Berit2011
RD_Saga, Manager at Grillid, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of our restaurant. It helps us to further achievements. Hope to see you again.
Best regards