1,622 results
All reviews great location bus stop light switches modern hotel excellent hotel the main shopping street corner room included breakfast building work front desk staff excellent stay shops and restaurants center hotel pick ups would definitely stay here again happy hour each morning
Reviewed September 9, 2017

This is a very comfortable and well located hotel. The rooms are clean and well designed. There is a very good breakfast and the restaurant is very pleasant and convenient when returning late. You get a 10% discount if you are staying at the hotel as you do at any other Centerhotel Restaurant. We also ate at the Sky Bar over looking the harbour.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 9, 2017

A nice four star hotel next to the main shopping street of Reykjavik,The buses outside the airport will take you directly to the hotel. The breakfast is very nice and the young girls in the reception are really friendly and helpful. The only negative thing was that the spa and the swimming pool was still under construction. Overall we had a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the reviews and it did not disappoint. We were able to check in early for a small fee, which included the breakfast. This was especially helpful since our flight got in at 6:00 am. The breakfast was good every day. It would've been nice if they mixed up the offerings a little bit, though. And it would be nice if they started a little earlier. A lot of the excursions had pick up at 7:00 and the breakfast didn't start until 7:00. Speaking of excursions, it's helpful to note that a lot of the pick-ups for the excursions are from the entrance by the restaurant, not the lobby door. We actually missed one because we were waiting at the wrong door. Other than that, the rooms were small, but adequate. Very quiet and clean. Helpful, friendly staff. We'd recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2017

3 night stay with my daughter, celebrating her 30th with a trip to the Blue Lagoon. I've been to Iceland a couple of times before but this was my first time driving and first experience with LHD. The hotel is v easy to find and a v easy drive from airport. There are 3 CenterHotels in Reykjavik so be sure to use the GPS coordinates given on your booking form to locate the correct one or use Google maps on your phone which also gives correcy directions. Although the hotel was busy there was always space in the car park. CentreHotel is perfectly located at one end of a very busy town centre. All activities and facilities are within easy walking distance. Reykjavik is notoriously expensive but Icelandic food and service are generally of a very high quality. For budget travellers there's spermarkets round the corner from the hotel and a noodle bar that does excellent cheap, fresh, nutritious and delicious noodle bowls. There are a couple of Asian eateries so make sure you go to the right one, you'll find directions if you google "cheap eats Reykjavik".
CenterHotel is modern and very clean. The rooms are big enough and have clever subtle design features like open wardrobes which make easier to gather all of your belongings when you leave. They have a shower shelf so your toiletries are raised of the floor, I like that kind of quiet detail.
During our stay the hotel was occupied by travellers of every form and many nationalities, coach trips, single parents, elderly parties, some families, some groups of young men, some couples etc. Every age was represented and we felt very relaxed and comfortable in the midst of it all. Breakfast is busy but there was always a clean table. Our family travells extensively, we've covered all continents and have personally awarded the CenterHotel the distinction of 'Best Breakfast in the World'. From cod liver oil shots (love it) and lovely local pickled herring, to the more traditional bacon, egg, sausage but with everything in between - hot, cold, sweet, savoury... all plentiful and delicious. Top marks.
Negatives - front of house staff were a little disintered for my liking, not typical of Iceland but maybe it's their 'thing'. For me, it's not cool or necessary but I'm on holiday so I don't let it bother me. I'd also like t bags etc. in the room refreshed daily but I'm sure if I'd asked I would have been given more.
Overall these are tiny negatives in what was a thoroughly enjoyable stay in a safe, comfortable hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I was in Reykjavik recently to tour Iceland with my nieces and nephews. Our home base was this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised with this accommodation. The personnel were extremely pleasant and helpful to us foreigners. The hotel was near the main thoroughfare (Langavegi) and close many restaurants and shops. Buses for tours were nearby or came into the parking lot for pick-up. A good breakfast buffet is included with your stay which included, eggs, breakfast meats, fruits, oatmeal, cereal, breads, pastries, coffee, juice and more.
Also, there is a happy hour at the bar.
We had a truly enjoyable experience!

Trip type: Traveled with family