Ways to Experience Adventure Vikings
from $125.00
from $190.00
from $77.00
1,123 results
All reviews dry suit hot chocolate wet suits silfra fissure guide ivan snorkeling trip the water is crystal clear amazing experience once in a lifetime tectonic plates glacier water cool experience great guide explained everything freezing cold golden circle tour group
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I were in Iceland for our honeymoon, I'm so glad we picked this tour. We were worried it was going to feel too cold but fortunately the day turned out beautiful and once in the water it doesn't really feel cold or you get used it to and it doesn't matter since you are admiring the beautiful world underneath you. Water is so clear you can see all the way to the bottom. Out guides, Ivan and Peter, were very enthusiastic and helpful. Also our driver (forgot his name) gave us a nice tour and history of Iceland along the way. I especially want to give thanks to Ivan, he is so friendly and funny, and was guiding us since the begining in how to get dressed to where we had to swim, what we had to do, and took pictures along the way, which I can't wait to see. Gracias amigo!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was unsure whether snorkelling would be worth the expense, but I enjoyed the experience. It was very unique to snorkel in a dry suit, in 2 degree glacial water where the visibility is crystal clear. About 30 minutes is spent in the water with the rest of the time suiting up etc.
When I first got in the water I was surprised at how cold my lips felt, however I adapted and managed. You stay pretty warm and dry- your hands get a little wet as does your face.
Don't expect to see fish or an abundance of marine life, but the rock formations and colours were very interesting. I was amazed at the algae - it looked like under water cobwebs! While others were fluorescent green.
All in all, I'd recommend the tour if you want a unique experience and have a spare half day. My guide was friendly, informative and ensured we were all safe and comfortable. The surrounding scenery at Silfra was also spectacular in their autumn hues.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This course was so good and made me fall in love with stand up paddeling. Awesome guides and perfect training. Thank you so much.

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Pathfinder369379
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had an absolutely amazing morning snorkelling through Silfra with Adventure Vikings! I saw more shades of blue than I thought imaginable, and my guide Rob was knowledgable and professional. My wetsuit that he chose for me fitted so perfectly that I barely felt the cold, with the exception of my hands and feet (but Adam leant me some fluffy socks which helped). Wetsuit is the way to go if you want to be able to swim downwards and have the guides take some epic photos of you. 100% recommend this if you are visiting Iceland!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This experience is one of a kind! It was super enjoyable and Rob and Adam did a great job to make this a great experience. Water is cold, very cold, so be prepared. I also recommend the dry suit option more than the wet suit. You will have a very cold blast!