7 people are viewing this hotel
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com$117
ZenHotels.com$130
4,682 results
All reviews the executive lounge vox restaurant great hotel city centre happy hour minute walk blue lagoon breakfast buffet northern lights blackout curtains rental car early check skyr tour buses golden circle modern hotel bread
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2019

We booked Nordica on TripAdvisor and found that, although less expensive than the $600/nite on Hilton, comes (per Hilton) without Silver benefits nor upgrades nor breakfast. So there is a double standard for a hotel that is$20 taxi from city center, a 45 minute walk from same. The hotel is clean, the SPA is great but we would have settled for a boutique central hotel with breakfast and lower costs. Hilton be shamed.

Room tip: Saturday nite loudness from disco next door - be aware
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

A nice hotel but the room was too hot and had no air con. There was a fridge in a wardrobe that had little ventilation so turned the whole wardrobe into a giant radiator. Soon fixed by unplugging. The room was still too hot so the window was permanently open. The almost perpetual daylight meant blackout curtains needed to be used which stopped the draft from outside. It may seem petty but it’s hard to sleep in a room that’s too hot!

Date of stay: May 2019

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

What a great spot. Lovely hotel. Great happy hour. Terrific staff. Great breakfast. This is a hotel that dots the I’s and crosses the t’s. If you want a nice clean hotel room, great service and convenience this is the venue. The food is great. The drinks list is great.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Reykjavik
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the hotel suited to your needs.
Myself and the team do sincerely appreciate your kind words and recommendations.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2019

The hotel itself is very nice. After a very difficult day of travel I ate in the hotel and was disappointed. The host seating people acted like I was imposing by entering. I thought that it was just me but she also did it to the couple that came in after me. The executive lounge was a bit disappointing. The area is small and breakfast in there is minimal. I ended up just eating in the restaurant . My room was a nice size. The hotel front desk staff were very friendly and eager to help.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service delivered by the front desk. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the team. I am however very sorry to hear that you were on this occasion unhappy with our restaurant. I will be sure to share our feedback with the restaurant manager. We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Reykjavik

Reviewed July 12, 2019

Sadly a very poor customer service experience. After getting home and noticing a £50 (ISK7,910) meal charged to my account in error I phoned the hotel on 3 occasions over 4 days and was reassured I would get an email/ phone call response. Nothing. Then an email to explain the issue - also no response. As a Diamond member for many years I am used to excellent Hilton experience, but on this occasion rather than "say it and we'll sort it", it has been "say it as much as like, we;'ll really not interested".

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank MWhitcroft
KatrinGreta, Front Office Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for the unacceptable customer service that you have been presented with.
You are correct, there was an accidental charge on your room from the restaurant, that we will of course reimburse fully to your credit card, with additional coverage to make sure that the amount will not be affected should the bank charge a fee for foreign transactions.
Again, I want to apologize for how this was handled, this matter should not have reached this stage, and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.
I truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again to our hotel, and if there is anything else that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.