“An excellent hotel”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed our 5 day stay n this hotel. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, with spacious bathrooms. Although, as in most Hiltons, you need to pay extra for wi-fi in the rooms, here they offer free wi-fi in the lobby, restaurant, and bar. The only downside of this hotel is that it is about a 30 minute walk to the old town city area, but the hotel offers free bus passes to guests, and the buses run frequently. Personnel were efficient and friendly. All in all a great experience.

Room Tip: Front rooms face the ocean and the mountains (in the distance) yet they are quiet when the windows a...
1  Thank RuthyNewJersey
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I would like to thank you for recommending us to other readers. We really appreciate it. I hope that you will have the chance to stay with us again, you are always welcome back.

Trausti Karlsson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,933)

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nothing special, bad location, high prices, lobby with people on the internet to avoid the fees you have to pay in your room.. Good for large groups. Friendly staff, Clean, excellent breakfast. Nice spa, probably the best in Iceland. Stay elsewhere, come for breakfast and spa.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am very sorry to see that you found Hilton Reykjavík Nordica to be only average and the price not according to that. I however noticed that you found our spa to be the best in Iceland, our staff to be friendly, our hotel to be clean and our breakfast to be excellent and for that I am very glad. If you found the location to be inconvenient there might be couple of things that you missed out. First of all I would like to point out to you that our guests can make use of our free bus pass service that is valid for the bus system in the capital area. Using this service our guests can explore the city and everything that it has to offer, free of charge. Furthermore our guests can use it to get to the Reykjavik central area since there is a bus that runs to the downtown area every 15-30 minutes from the bus station, located right outside the hotel.

Second of all there are plenty of interesting things to see nearby the hotel. For example the Laugardalur outdoor activity park, boasting one of Reykjavik's best outdoor swimming pools, sprawling botanical gardens, amusement park and animal zoo, as well as Iceland's main sport Centre. You could also catch a bus which will take you to Kringlan, the main shopping mall in Iceland, which will only take about 3 minutes by bus.

Regarding the prices I would recommend you to make use of the promotions that we offer on regular basis.
I hope that you will give us another chance since I strongly believe that we can prove to you that we live up to our image as a luxury hotel.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a short sejour en Iceland. I had a fantastic time in the country, despite the cooler than normal temperatures (it was 5°C max!). The hotel was helpful with bookings for the nearby attractions. I was especially thankful when one of my tours overlapped with another due to an unexpected delay on the roads and the staff helped to refund the second. The rooms are definitely on the small side, but very practical in a typically scandinavian fashion. It was the time of the midnight sun, so the blackout blinds on the windows were very welcome: The food was very good, breakfast included!

One nice random plus was running into The Eagles who were undertaking a tour and were staying there at the same time, although such an event is not easily repeated! :)

The only negative is the location, a little bit far out of the main city so not within walking distance, which proved frustrating at times.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank louisefahy
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
Yes hopefully other readers will not be expecting to meet up with the Eagles, but I am glad that you were so lucky. I am pleased to see that our staff was able to help you out with all of your needs. There are couples of things that I would like to recommend to you if you decide to stay with us again.

First of all, if you want to have a bigger room the next time you stay with us, I advise you to upgrade to an executive room. All of our executive rooms are located on the 9th floor, are bigger in size then the Hilton Guest rooms and provide extra comfort. Also, included in the executive rooms is an access to the Nordica spa, an access to the business lounge as well for a free WiFi access. Second of all I would like to point out to you that we do provide a bus pass for all of our guests so you can make use of the local bus system to get between places in Reykjavík, free of charge. There are a lot of buses that will take you directly to the downtown area so make sure to get a pass at the lobby.

Finally I would like to recommend some nearby attractions that you might find interesting; for example the Laugardalur outdoor activity park, boasting one of Reykjavik's best outdoor swimming pools, sprawling botanical gardens, amusement park and animal zoo, as well as Iceland's main sport Centre. You could also catch a bus which will take you to Kringlan, the main shopping mall in Iceland, which will only take about 3 minutes by bus.

Hopefully you will have the chance to stay with us again and make use of my recommendations.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Hilton is an excellent facility from which to discover all the wonders of Iceland. Parking was safe and convenient. Service from staff was excellent. Food served in the executive lounge and The Vox was excellent. The beds were extremely comfortable and provided excellent rest.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank artadobbs
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I really enjoyed your positive feedback and I would like to thank you for recommending us to other readers, we highly appreciate it. I will make sure to forward your compliments to all of our staff. Hopefully you will give us the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Had to book a hotel at short notice (on a Saturday in July!). Not much left in town, but got a King Suite at this hotel. Expensive, obviously, but really fabulous - two well laid-out rooms with windows on two sides giving superb views. Bath with jacuzzi, enormous and comfortable bed, two giant TVs - everything you'd want after a long day's travelling.

Nice lobby bar with friendly and knowledgable staff who recommended some delicious local beers. And on return to my room, I'd been left a complementary plate of sandwiches, chocolates and a bottle of wine.

All in all, a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable stay - it's not cheap, but if you're treating yourself a bit (or someone else is paying), I couldn't recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TheBetterWay

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
You definitely made the right choice by booking the King Suite at Hilton Reykjavík Nordica. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed the room and I can agree with you that it has everything you´d want after a busy day. I hope you were also able to enjoy the great Nordica spa and the business lounge on the 8th floor which both are included in executive rooms and suites.

Overall I would like to thank you for recommending Hilton Reykjavík Nordica to other readers, we really appreciate it. I am glad to see that you were happy with the service that we provide and I will make sure that our staff receives your compliments. I hope you will have the chance to stay with us again in the future and if you want to go to an even higher class, than I highly recommend the Presidential Suite.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were on a 4 night break &,although it isn't in the centre of town, the walk back along the seafront only takes about 20 minutes & there are frequent buses. There is a very good, reasonably priced restaurant a few doors along from the hotel,if you don't fancy paying Hilton prices. The breakfasts were excellent & set us up for the day. The rooms were quite spacious, warm (important in Iceland, even in May!) and very clean. Most of the staff were very helpful and efficient.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front, as there's quite a good view of the sea.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton Reykjavík Nordica. I noticed that you walked by the seafront from the downtown area to the hotel and I am glad that you did, since it is quite the experience. If you will ever return I advise you to walk into the opposite direction and discover all the nearby attractions. For example the Laugardalur outdoor activity park, boasting one of Reykjavik's best outdoor swimming pools, sprawling botanical gardens, amusement park and animal zoo, as well as Iceland's main sport Centre.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Hilton in Reykjavik is a very nice hotel. Icelandair had a video and declared it the best hotel in all of Iceland.

Room was spacious and clean, with hard wood floors and kind of sparse decoration, though it seems to fit with the Iceland 'vibe'. We had a room with 2 twin beds pushed together to make a king.

Bathroom was very large with lots of counter space for toiletries. Same bath products as Hiltons in the U.S.

Curtains are mostly room-darkening, but there are several and some light shines through the spaces where the curtains meet. Saw a review suggesting clothespins - that's a good idea. In the summer it doesn't really get dark.

The main problem was temperature control. In the winter there are radiators you can use, but in the summer all you can do is open a window. Problem is, there were only 2 small windows, which only opened about 6 inches each. And at night because it's light outside you need to close the curtains, effectively blocking the air flow. There is no A/C (understandably - why would you need it in Iceland?) but also no ceiling fan or internal air ducts with fans to move air around.

Aside from the windows not letting in a lot of air they do let in noise. It's relatively quiet overnight, but if you want to go to bed early or sleep in, you will have to deal with traffic noise if the windows are open.

And they only have thick comforters. We called and asked for lighter blankets - they don't have them. We took the duvet covers off the comforters and slept with only the duvet covers. It was very warm at night. We are from FL and are used to the heat and sleep with the AC on 70 normally, and it was apparently cold for the summer when we were there (about 50F/10C in the day, when it is usually 60F/15C) so I can't imagine how warm it must feel when the temps are normal summer temps and people are from colder climates.

Location of the hotel is outside the city center. A little far for a walk, though the hotel does offer a free bus pass. Later in our trip we stayed at a hotel just next to the city center and it was infinitely more convenient. While the hotel does provide the passes to make it more convenient, this location is not great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple