“Would stay here again!”

Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Reykjavik
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely base for exploring this beautiful city. Friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere, quiet and spacious rooms, very clean and good location. We just walked into city centre but they offer a free shuttle

• Stayed: February 2013
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
Thank you also for your positive feedback, it´s always nice to hear when our guests are enjoying our hotel. I am very pleased to see that you would stay with us again and you are certainly welcome back to Hilton Reykjavik Nordica

Trausti Karlsson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,935)

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed on top floor facing the water. Fantastic view of the mountains. Staff did their best to accommodate an early check in by about 9am after arriving on a 6am flight. But next time, I'll probably book a room the night before just to be safe. We really enjoy Hilton hotels in general, and found the Nordica consistent with the high standards. It's not right downtown, but I don't recommend spending more than a day in Reykjavik anyway. The city is not the attraction...it's the beautiful and splendid natural beauty of the countryside. And all the tours can easily stop at the Hilton. If you do want to go to town it's not too far to walk in good weather, or simply take their free shuttle. The Blue Lagoon bus comes to the Hilton hourly as well, which was nice. They also have a very nice spa and we enjoyed the VOX. Also the executive lounge on 8th floor was a great place for afternoon cocktails and watching the pink sunset on the snow capped mountains. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Californium

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I would also like to thank you for recommending us to other readers, we highly appreciate it. I am glad to see that you could enjoy the excellent view from the 8th floor executive lounge. It is good to know that you consider our hotel to be according to the international Hilton standards since we work very hard to accomplish that. I am glad that you tried out and liked Nordica spa and VOX restaurant.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I met family in Reykjavik for a long weekend. It was a great trip. I upgraded my travel package so I could stay at the Hilton. Great restaurant, expensive. Be aware of drink prices. My experience in the south area is about $12 US per beer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad to see that you had a great trip and that you enjoyed our restaurant. Yes the beer is more expensive in Iceland than in other countries you might visit. But for your information, if you ever return to Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, we have a happy hour at the VOX bar between 5pm – 7pm so make sure to visit the VOX bar at this time of the day, for some great bargain.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went for this hotel because it offered some discount for us. And also this is a familiar name to us. The hotel is slightly away from the town centre, which may give some additional problem of traffic. But you can always get a taxi and it is a 2-5 minutes' drive. Given the population of Iceland, I guess there would not be any issue of traffic jam. But the hotel has some nice view, which one would not forget.

The service is more or less what would expect from a Hilton hotel. We had some light bulb problems and it was immediately fixed.

The restaurant offers good Northern cuisines. But in fact if you can also get cheap breakfast around the hotel corner.

On the whole, this has been a satisfying stay.

1  Thank KWC2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad to hear that our staff resolved any problems you had. No we do not experience much traffic on the road to the downtown area and usually it only takes, like you mentioned, 2-5 minutes to drive to the central area. You can of course as well take the shuttle bus free of charge. I agree regarding the view, it is spectacular and something that is hard to forget. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Nordica a part of a package deal with Icelandair. The rooms are nice and big for Europe. Because I have diamond status, the hotel gave us access to the executive lounge and the breakfast buffett downstairs. It is rated as the best breakfast in Reykjavik. The hotel is only a 5 minute drive to the downtown area. Parking is free and the internet is fast.

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I would also like to thank you for describing us as the best big hotel in Iceland, that´s really nice to hear. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the best breakfast in Reykjavik and the great view from the business lounge. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We decided to upgrade to the Hilton hotel. It was great that they let us check when our flight got into Reykjavik about 0630 their time and we got to the hotel around 0730. We had vouchers for breakfasts for the next 3 mornings, but we were kind of hungry then so I asked if they might allow a voucher for that morning. No such luck. I understand they can't just give stuff away all the time, but the staff seemed very starched, unbending...very Americanized. I don't consider that a good thing. We asked about a room with a view and were met with the same response we got about the breakfast, "For an additional fee!" We wisely chose NOT to upgrade. We ended up being so busy during the days that we were only back into our rooms after dark anyway. Our room was clean and stark in the Scandinavian way, with wood floors. Nice...and the window opened which was nice as we like our room fairly cool. When it came time to check-in for our flight home, we went to the lobby where they had a computer set up just for check-ins. The printer was nearly out of ink, so I asked the staff for help. I was coldly told there was another computer around the corner. "OK" I thought. "You might want to replace the ink in the main one." The computer around the corner was an Apple which we were not familiar with, so back to the counter I went. The young man at the counter came around the corner, did a little magic trick to produce the boarding pass & went back to his station. Wonderful! We have 1 boarding pass and no idea what he just did to get it, so back to the counter I go. He's seeming pretty perturbed with me by now, but not nearly as perturbed as I was. He returned and showed told my daughter how to perform his magic trick and Shazam....we had our other pass. I would also suggest that if you order food from their restaurant, do NOT order the Chicken Caesar Salad. Worst I've ever had. But I will definitely commend them on their breakfasts. Quite a spread of Icelandic, European and American faire. I didn't eat breakfast anywhere else, but I've got to assume that this had to be at least one of the best in town.

Room Tip: I wouldn't upgrade to a better room unless you intend to spend a lot of time in it. And why wou...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 1Pinkdiamond
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

We picked the hotel as the base for our stay in Reykjavik. The location is ideal for anyone with a car with plenty of parking. Only a couple of minutes drive from the city centre. Nevertheless, The location means you'll be reliant on cabs or their shuttle bus which runs a few times per days long this busy carriageway (great service though).

Hotel service couldn't be faulted, front desk, breakfast, room services and bar all great.

Continental breakfast buffet, superb.

Cleanliness of the superior room, terrific. Mountain views are worth it!

Couple of areas I was less pleased with were the ~€15 / person to use the hot tub and steam rooms. The website (or the heavy media advertising on Icelandic Air flights is quite misleading) - like the free Gym access, one is led to believe this is all part of the deal and left me a little flat when we arrived.

Secondly, I did not expect to have to pay a rate for WiFi, this day and age, you'd expect it as part of the fair price you pay for the room, especially as other hotels in Reykjavik offer free Internet. Minor gripe - but hey they've set themselves up for business users I guess.

Otherwise, thanks for a great stay Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2013