“Great clean hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Reykjavik
Seattle, Washington
“Great clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had a week trip in iceland. Very happy with our choice of hotel. I definitely recommend this hotel. Front desk staff was really friendly and helpful. We got great rooms and for a fair price. Check in was very quick, and the rooms were ready. The lobby is lovely, with free WiFi. Really cant complain about anything. Made my trip really enjoyable

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will have the chance to visit us again in the future.

Trausti Karlsson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (890)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from 4 days in Reykjavik and it was absolutely wonderful. The Hilton was lovely. The room was small but mostly well appointed. Two small issues with the room. 1)There was no dresser and only a few hangers in the closet. Was it the end of the world not to have a dresser? - No, we lived. I do like to unpack. It's less enjoyable to live out of the suitcase. 2)It was also a very warm room. We turned off the heater, opened the window, and got a fan from the front desk. We like to sleep in a very cool room. Overall not a crisis, but I thought I should make note of it. That said, the hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and breakfast was very nice. My husband loved all the smoked fish and soft boiled eggs. The hotel is not directly in the city center but it was a nice walk. There were also cabs and public transportation right outside the hotel.

We did some sight seeing while we were there. I visited the very tall church and the city center on the first day. The country is beautiful and everyone was very friendly. That night, we had a reservation at the Fish Market. Dinner was excellent. We each had an app, an entree, and shared dessert and the bill was approximately $175 USD. On day 2, we went to one of the smaller public pools and spent the afternoon swimming. If you do nothing else while in Reykjavik, you should visit one of these pools. It was awesome and super cheap (<$5USD per person)! That night, we were scheduled to go on the Jeep Northern Lights and Lobster Tour. We were picked up in front of our hotel. We then joined 4 other people in a large Jeep and headed out for our tour. Our tour guide was wonderful. He took us to one of the black sand beaches on the Southern Coast, through several small towns, and then to dinner. Dinner was wonderful but remember to bring your wallet. Drinks, dessert, and anything other than the lobsters is not included. After wonderful and intimate dinner, we got back in the Jeep. Unfortunately, there was too much cloud cover to see the Northern Lights. Fortunately, our tour guide took us to other places and provided us with a lot interesting information about Iceland. We had a great time! Day 3 was spent shopping at the Kringlan and then swimming in the newest and largest public pool. Both were about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The pool was amazing with a 10 lane long course pool, a 10 lane outdoor 25 m pool, 7 hot tubs, a water slide, and a heated seawater pool. Again the pool was less than $5 USD! Our last day was spent at the Blue Lagoon. I would suggest taking the 10 am departure instead of the 11 am. We felt a little rushed to get to the bus to the airport.

Overall - a great trip! We want to return in the summer and see more of the country. Go to Iceland - it's well worth it.

1 Thank jmgsun
Trausti K, Sales Manager at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, responded to this review, February 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, I will make sure they receive your compliments. I agree that it is well worth it to take a walk into the city center, since it only takes about 15 minutes and there are lot of fascinating things to see on the way. Thank you for making a note of the room temperature. It should not have been so hard to lower the temperature so apparently we will have to take a look at it and fix it. I apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. I am pleased to see you recommend the public pools since they are a big part of the Icelandic culture and the most popular ones are located, as you mentioned, in a walking distance from Hilton Reykjavik Nordica. Overall I am very pleased to see that you had a nice stay with us and made use of all the nearby attractions. Hopefully you will stay with us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton for the last week of Jan 2013 and I would definitely recommend this hotel.
Front dest staff were extremely helpful, you can also use the tour desk in reception to book any trips you want to go on. Our room was lovely with an amazing mountain view and the breakfast was superb and plentiful with a fantastic choice for even the fussiest of eaters.
The courtesy coach which runs to and from the town centre was great and very reliable, however, it does not run that regularly and if you miss one the only choice is to get a cab (These are quite expensive in Iceland - we paid around £10 for a one way cab to the centre when we missed a bus one night).
You don't get free wifi in the rooms but this didn't bother me as it was available in the lobby and also in the bar downstairs. A fantastic stay!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the mountains.
1 Thank London2013_KH

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I am very pleased to see that you recommend other readers to stay at Hilton Reykjavik Nordica, it means a lot to us. I will make sure that our front desk staff receive your kind words. I agree that the Mountain View is astonishing and you could probably get lost for hours just looking at it. I advise you, if the weather is good and you want to save some money on a taxi fare, to enjoy a 15 minute walk into the Reykjavik central area. On the way you may find a lot of shops, restaurants and other fascinating things to see and explore.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel in Jan and Feb 2013, this review is for both one night stays.
I booked 2 rooms, one for myself and my partner and another room for my two friends, also being a couple. I managed to get a really good rate for this hotel through the Airline that I work for.

First stay:
Check in was very quick, and the rooms were ready. The lobby is lovely, with free WiFi and a nice area to sit and watch the world go by. Next to the check-in area is a fridge where you can buy well-priced items for lunch. The rooms were good in size, well cleaned and with real wood flooring which gave it a local Icelandic flavour. The mattress was a king size, while we were provided with 2 single duvets (this seems to be an Icelandic tradition). The room was spotlessly clean, if a bit too hot, but the windows in the room opened, allowing fresh air to come in. I really enjoyed the high powered shower, I could have stood under that for hours!
There is a tour desk at the hotel, but we didn't use them.
As the hotel is in the business area of Reykjavik there isn't really much around there, however, the hotel does provide a shuttle bus to the centre of Reykjavik which did come in handy. Alternatively, the one-way fare by taxi is 2000 Isk (around £10).

Our second stay was also the same as the above review, the first.
Check in was quick, and we were also lucky enough to be upgraded to the next room grade up, with a lot more room!
All in all, we would definitely stay here again, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Reykjavik!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I would like to thank you for recommending other readers to stay with us. It indicates that we are doing well in servicing our customers which is always our main priority. When you return to us, there are few things nearby that you must have a look at. For example within five minute walk is the Laugardalur outdoor activity park, boasting one of Reykjavik's best outdoor swimming pools, beautiful botanical gardens, amusement park and animal zoo, as well as Iceland's main sport Centre. Also, within 10-15 minute walking distance is Kringlan, the most popular shopping mall in all of Iceland. Hopefully you can make use of those nearby attractions the next time you stay with us.

Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Everything was nearly perfect about this hotel. The decor was modern. The hotel staff was resourceful. You can book your excursions at a concierge desk in the lobby. If you want to go into town, it's a quick 10 minute ride by cab or car. The breakfast buffet while a little pricey was great. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The hotel bar is right next to the lobby. At the end of a long day of sightseeing, you can hang out in the lobby, use the free wifi, and grab a drink from the bar. This is the place to stay in Reykjavik.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jamesport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Check-In to check-out was terrific! Free parking, room upgrade for a view, fantastic breakfast spread in the restaurant, helpful and cheerful staff! The hotel is not downtown and an expensive cab fare back and forth to the "city."

Room Tip: Ask for the view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica.
I would like to thank you for your kind words, much appreciated. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again and if so, I advise you to make use of our Shuttle bus which is free of charge and goes five times a day into the city center.

Temple, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

A good quality Hilton property. Front Desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Tour Desk staff were very helpful and arranged several of our tours. Rooms were adequate in size; well-maintained; well-cleaned; and functional. Rooms have windows that can be opened slightly, which was nice. Breakfast buffet had a wide variety of hot and cold choices; bread seemed fresh and baked on-premise. The hotel is located about a 30 minute walk from the Downtown area and that was not a problem. Shuttle service is available, but walking provided more contact with the local environment. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was located on the back-side of the hotel away from the busy front street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Steve R
Dear, traveler

It is very pleasant to see our guests describing our hotel in such a positive way. I am really glad that you would like to stay with us again and you are certainly welcome to do so. I am also glad that you took the time to walk into the Reykjavik central area. Like you mentioned it is a great way to get more direct contact with the local environment and the culture of Reykjavik City.