“Excellent food and very creative chef”
Review of Matur Og Drykkur

Matur Og Drykkur
Ranked #59 of 594 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We specialize in traditional Icelandic cuisine with a modern twist. We forage wild herbs and seaweed as well as collaborate with local farmers to obtain the best ingredients. The dishes on this menu are inspired by traditional Icelandic cuisine and we are delighted to share them with you.
Reviewed July 4, 2019

I live in Paris and I have been to 40+ countries, so I have seen a lot of great restaurants in my life. I can confirm, that this place has very decent menu with some creative solutions and very very kind atmosphere. I loved it and I would definitely go again once I am in Iceland.

Reviewed July 3, 2019

What a delight to discover this restaurant with the nice and hardworking staff and the excellent food with mostly local ingredients!

Reviewed June 29, 2019

This place is troublesome. On one hand the food was OUT OF THIS WORLD! It was expensive, but also super fancy so to be expected. This was our one fancy meal of the trip. Everything surpassed expectations on both taste and presentation. The service on the other hand left something to be desired. First off it was very slow, second the waiter was pretty rude, though eventually he warmed up, and third we ended up going here a day before we planned, and they still decided to charge my credit card $150 for “missing my reservation” the next day. They refused to pick up their phones when I called a week later to try to work through this, we ended up going back and forth over email about 7 times, where after providing details, reservation confirmation numbers, and photos of receipts, they refused to reimburse me because my friend put the meal on her credit card, so they couldn’t prove it was me. Collectively we paid nearly $400 for the dinner, and yet they still had the audacity to charge us like a “no show” to the tune of $150. It is extremely disappointing because we had a wonderful experience in person, but it just goes to show you that even the best meals can be ruined by horrible customer service and leave a group with a bad taste in their mouth. In a word my experience here was sad.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank aubrey m
Reviewed June 28, 2019

I got a gift card for a three meal course meal on this restaurant. I´m local and wouldn´t have known about it but for the card.
To make long story short, the food was wonderful, especially the starter and the main course. I had lamb, and my wife fish for main course, both superb quality. The restaurant was quite nearly fully booked but it didn´t affect the service which was, quick good and friendly.

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Food: Local flavors, well cooked, but not exiting
Service: Sadly - much under average. The main course was served about one hour after the appetizer. During the wait we sat with an empty table, no one in the service spoke to us or explained. We had to wave to order more wine.
Wine: Good, sturdy wines