“Good choice”

Vegamot
Ranked #72 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Vegamót is an elegant but casual restaurant. A local favorite. Happy hour every Thu-Sat 10pm-midnight! For those who love a fantastic Brunch we have something you will like.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nice atmospher and food good but not excellent. Too much spices together for my taste. The food was fresh though

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ate here on our first evening in Iceland. The place was buzzing, very lively atmosphere and had a nice feel. The staff were excellent, friendly and attentive without being over-powering. There is a good children's menu - plenty for our fussy 9 year old to choose from. My husband had a lobster pizza - absolutely delicious. I had a dish called "hot spot". It was chicken with butternut squash in a spicy sauce. The chicken was delicious, moist and very tasty. The food however, was not warm enough - it was actually lukewarm. There was also a lot of moisture on my plate, so it looked a bit unappetising.
We did enjoy the experience here, it is reasonably priced, but I think I made the wrong choice from the menu.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Delicious food; great atmosphere. Delicious mains, dessert and coffees. A great place to eat in Reykjavik.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went twice .... the first time I had a salad which was very tasty and good. The second time I ordered a chicken noodle dish that was lacking in flavor and quite bland. Nice decor inside and seems to be always packed full of people. Seems to be a hangout and meet up place for locals. Brunch on Sunday seems to be popular.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had dinner on a Sunday and there were many Icelandic families in, created a busy and happy atmosphere. The menu was extensive and the food was very good. Excellent value for money and efficient, friendly service