“Birthday meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vegamot

Vegamot
Ranked #62 of 455 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American, Bar, European, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Vegamót is an elegant but casual restaurant. A local favorite. Happy hour every Thu-Sat 10pm-midnight! For those who love a fantastic Brunch we have something you will like.
UK
“Birthday meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked a table at Vegamot as one of our group had a birthday and this was a recommendation from the travel guide at the hotel. The hotel reception made the booking for the five of us and was told that they normally don’t accept reservations for less than six people but in this instance…
The menu is extensive something for everyone I’m sure. The food was good and plenty of it.
I will say and this isn’t a particular criticism of Vegamot but in general I found food in Iceland came to the table hot but became cold very quickly due to the fact that they don’t seem to warm plates.
My only real criticism is that I ordered the steak and didn’t think at the time of ordering that I wasn’t asked how I wanted it cooked. When it came it had blood rushing out of it, I know this the way it should be but it’s not how I like it. My partner likewise said the lamb was practically still bleating
We all had a lovely evening, I don’t see why they don’t normally take bookings for less than six as we were the only table eating on the 1st floor and downstairs wasn’t busy
Our meal for two consisted of two starters, two mains and two Pepsi each came to just under £60.00

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious and classy but affordable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

A roommate at my hostel recommended this place. She had the lamb shank and said it was absolutely delicious, but it was a little out of my price range. What I did order I thoroughly enjoyed.
They don't have a lot of local food, but their menu is extensive and very reasonably priced for the standard and for Iceland in general. The staff are young and friendly, and the customer base seems to be mid to late 20s and upward - tourists and locals alike. Definitely recommendable.

Visited February 2013
“No frills but good food- and plenty of it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after 9pm on a week night. In the evenings it has more of a bar atmosphere which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
The menu is varied and the portions are generous. The prices are reasonable and the cocktails are very good.
The service was adequate but for bar clientele it is fine.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good and at a resonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Has loads of dishes to choose from on the menu, and I've not been disappointed yet. Try the lobster pizza, highly recommended.

Visited December 2012
Reading, United Kingdom
“Huge portions, great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

A bit of a chance find, it's just off the main road. Lovely bar/restaurant, though expensive for cocktails, it's really good value for money for food. Their seafood quesedilla is huge and tasty, and very well-priced!

Visited January 2013