“Fun location - good food!”
Review of Prikid

Prikid
Ranked #97 of 473 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun location - good food!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Came here for breakfast around 1130am. Our table had pancakes - very filling. We asked for crispy bacon and they did a good job with it. I had scrambled eggs, which were interesting, seemed kind of like hardboiled eggs cut up, but good...also the local skyr with granola and honey - yummy! Fun to people watch out the window and staff was nice and helpful.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
New York, New York, United States
“good atmosphere, unmemorable food”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We'd have called this a 4 star location if we had shown up for drinks and to listen to a band. Instead, we came here for lunch to get some cheap food so that we could be a little bit more extravagant with our dinner plans. The service was good, but I wasn't excited about either of the entrees that our table ordered (pizza and something called a 'hangover sandwich'). In looking at some of the other reviewers, it looks like we probably should have just stuck with the burger/beer/milkshake combo and we would have come out a little further ahead. This place is inexpensive (for Reykjavik) and adequate, but if you're only going to be in Reykjavik for a couple days, stick to restaurants that feature fish rather than bar food.

Central PA
“My favorite in Reykjavík”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm no gourmand, but I know what I like. I like simple. I like comfortable. I like coffee, beer, burgers and milkshakes (not necessarily in that order, but it tends to come out that way). I like comic books (no stuffy poetry books or long, brooding novels in Prikið's free reading materials). I like people-watching (the second floor dining area overlooks Skólavörðustígur's shoppers). I like a smoking section that could double as a graffiti-covered skate park. I like Prikið.

The wait-staff was helpful and real. The food was hot, properly spiced, well-portioned, and affordable (for Iceland). Other families were there, despite the fact that the place feels more like a bar than a diner or coffee shop. My family may have been humoring me by eating here twice during an eight-day stay, but I appreciate the place all the same.

Hamilton, Canada
“Great spot”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I really love this place for relaxing, grabbing coffee. Then if you stay long enough the vibe shifts over into a bar sort of place. If you go upstairs and walk around a bit youll find a spacious second floor as well as a fairly large back patio. Great place to relax and get tipsy

St. Louis, MO
“Good bar/coffee shop/diner, with hipster vibe”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I ate here twice. Fish and chips were very good, burger was very good. You can sit at the bar or at the counter tops along the wall if you are alone. Unpretentious - part bar, part coffee shop, part diner. Reasonably priced for Reykjavik.

Visited June 2013