“No fun”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed February 3, 2013

At night they are trying to be a fun, hip and cool bar, but fail totally at it. There is plenty of nice places near by that are much more fun to visit.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Went here twice during my visit to Reykjavik and both meals were great. If you like burgers get down here for 'The Big Devil Burger' as this was simply outstanding. Tasty, big and for £9 I could not complain. If you aren't a big eater then they do other burgers (which my girlfriend opted for) or bagels, sandwiches etc, which was more than satisfying. They also do cracking milk shakes which was delicious. The place was full of locals which can only be a good thing. All in all, Prikid was a great place to eat, value for money and cool quirky place to go if you fancy a nice quick lunch/dinner. Try it, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went with a friend fairly early on a Monday morning and they didn't have anything. No eggs, hardly any bread, no bacon. Didn't do anything to fix the situation (I know it's perfectly possible to run to the hotels close to the restaurant and borrow some from their kitchens, my brother used to work at 101 Hotel and they regularly did this). Prikið does have good hamburgers though, to be fair but the service didn't live up to any expectations.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I've been here several times on previous trips here, but never as a contributor for Trip Advisor. So I'll share my latest experience.
I went here for dinner with my wife and two kids, 14 & 10 years old.
I love the atmosphere here, one of the reasons I keep coming back. There is a laid back feel to the whole place and it's still a place for locals. As previous contributors say, there is a interior here that has not changed in the last 60 years and it's a quite small cozy place.

The food here is very good and the hamburgers are a speciality. Unfortunately they removed the lamb from the menu....
First of all, we had to wait until we even got menus, wait even longer to order, but when the food came, it was worth waiting.
The trick is to take command, which I learned on this visit. Just go to the bar and put your orders. Don't wait for the waiter to come to you.....
We had two Sweaty burgers, one Royale and one plain kids burger - the 10-yrs is picky with food. Every one in the family gave the burgers max points. Even the 10-yrs....

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We visited Prikid on a Monday morning, so it was fairly empty and it was great. We could take the original 50s interior in, the wooden panels, the bar, the tables. It's like stepping back in time. The service was good, the breakfast food pretty decent and plentiful too. Coffee was good too and the price reasonable. Classic American 50/60s music plays constantly adding to the athmosphere..