“Outstanding Lobster”

Humarhusid
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Lobster House, located on Amtmannsstígur 1, has been operated since 1993.In that time The Lobster House has made a reputation for itself as one of the country’s most popular restaurants. The restaurant is located in the heart of the capital and is known for its comfortable and romantic atmosphere. The house was built in 1838 and its original look has been preserved, which provides the restaurant with its distinctive character.As the name indicates, lobster dishes are the restaurant’s hallmark (trademark). In spite of that The Lobster House’s menu is quite diverse and guests can choose between a range of seafood, vegetarian and meat courses.The Lobster House’s wine menu is equally diverse, offering a selection of wines from regions across the globe.
Washington,Dc
“Outstanding Lobster”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had been in Reykjavik for two days and I was extremely eager to come here and sample the lobster. LOcated in a wonderful old home with painting mounted on the ceilings. The tables are somewhat close together but not to bad. Others have described it as quaint. The Icelandic lobster was absolutely delicious! The homemade bread/roll was very good. WE had a great meal all dishes and are so glad that we went. Would like to try it again.

• Visited October 2013

Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
“Intimate place with marvelous food”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The house is quaint and the food is over the top. Food is fresh & well prepared with top notch service. Go up to the attic for a drink before dinner, you won't regret the drink or the dinner!

Visited April 2013
Calgary
“Lovely”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A bit hard to find but it does face the main road - it is up a bit of a tiny hill so you just have to look for it.
I suggest reservations. I was able to get in without one but I was fairly early. The meal was wonderful. There was wonderful homemade bread. I had the lobster bisque which was very good followed by the cod dinner. Fairly expensive but a worthwhile treat.

Just an interesting observation - apparently Icelanders are not used to women eating on their own - or anyone eating on their own (not sure). For the 6 days I was in Iceland I was always the source of interest whenever I was eating in a restaurant. People openly stared. Not offensive or hostile - I think just curious.

• Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome Lobster!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The little lobster tails are awesome! Lots of butter but delicious. A little pricey but nice quaint atmosphere. Would definitely go back.

Visited September 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Flavors... I never experienced before... Phenomenal food!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I have never experienced so many flavors in a bite. The salad was a mixture of so many flavors, i moaned all the way through it :-) my husband finally had to order one too!
Then I had pork loins and they just cut with a fork. My husband had lobster, plenty of lobster.
Desert for me was vanilla ice cream with blue berries and a warm black licorice sauce.... I thought hmmmmm but it was so great together... I was ready to lick the plate! It was so marvelous!!! I would go back and for sure tell people about this restaurant!!!

• Visited October 2013