“3.5 - 4 stars. Good food; friendly service.”
Review of Humarhusid - CLOSED

Humarhusid
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lobster House, located on Amtmannsstígur 1, has been operated since 1993.In that time The Lobster House has made a reputation for itself as one of the country’s most popular restaurants. The restaurant is located in the heart of the capital and is known for its comfortable and romantic atmosphere. The house was built in 1838 and its original look has been preserved, which provides the restaurant with its distinctive character.As the name indicates, lobster dishes are the restaurant’s hallmark (trademark). In spite of that The Lobster House’s menu is quite diverse and guests can choose between a range of seafood, vegetarian and meat courses.The Lobster House’s wine menu is equally diverse, offering a selection of wines from regions across the globe.
USA
“3.5 - 4 stars. Good food; friendly service.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Came in for my last dinner of my trip, which also happened to be Easter Sunday. I had no reservation, but the hostess was able to seat me right away, anyway. The food and vibe are very traditional. I enjoyed my meal - lobster soup and the tenderloin of lamb and lobster. The service was very friendly and helpful. I liked the decor, which was very sea/ocean-themed. I would probably have gone for the prix fixe (a very good value with four courses) if it had included the lamb/lobster dish. However, as it didn't, I chose to go a la carte. Like all the food in Iceland, it's pricey, but it's a nice place with a good and traditional feel to it.

• Visited March 2013

“Great for a special occasion and second to none for fresh lobster.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place in our last night in Reykjavik as we wanted to try some Höfn lobster after hearing they are some if the best in the world. We arrived at 10:05 with service due to finish 10pm. The staff were happy to accommodate us, ever if we wernt exactly dressed up to the same standards as the places usual clientele.

This meal was a real treat! We have a cosy private dining room with and amazing lighting fixture made of forks and spoons. There is only wine on the menu, but I think in restaurants of this standard this is to be considered the norm.

The one criticism I would have is that our table was right beside the kitchen, which was a bit noisey and we had the occasional staff member glancing in at us.

All in all I would give this place a 4.5. Just because I prefer a more casual atmosphere.
But, for what it is, the Lobster House is top class!

• Visited March 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent food, check your bill”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Went early (1730), probably need to book if you eat later. 4 course meal, excellent flavours, if fast food is your thing, don't come here.
Crayfish, monkfish, ice cream with liquorice sauce, all beautiful! When the bill came, added quite a bit for a bottle of wine we didn't order. Challenged the bill, which was corrected. Readers should note that this is the 3rd time this week that the invoice has been wrong (not in our favour!) so I recommend that you CHECK YOUR BILL. Maybe not a coincidence.

2 Thank Hobnob13
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“1st class traditional restaurant”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal here. Excellent ambience, service, and the seafood was prepared perfectly, as was the lobster soup. Simply first class

1 Thank simon w
Estes Park, Colorado
“Superb lobster and lamb”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Chose this place because I wanted good, simply prepared lobster. It was tender and sweet, and grilled perfectly. My friend's lamb was equally delicious.

Visited March 2013