“Our favorite for lunch! Go!”
Review of Graenn Kostur - CLOSED

Graenn Kostur
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Miõborg
“Our favorite for lunch! Go!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We found the spinach quiche to be fabulous and quite a welcome creative treat. And the carrot cake!!!! The owner/cook and the counter person were both charming and we loved this wonderful little cafe. Prices ($$) excellent for Reykjavik and especially considering the inspiration and quality of the food. We hope to go back to Iceland and enjoy Graenn Kostur again!

• Visited November 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Incredible food”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had no real prior expectations but was pleasantly surprised. I had the vegetable lasagne which was served with rice and a large salad. Very filling and one of the best lasagne's I have tasted. The home made pesto on top was also incredible and served generously. My girlfriend had the pumpkin soup which was also excellent and was given a large salad as well since they had run out of bread (we stopped by near closing time).

Example plates of food are all displayed under the counter which is quite handy when you are a vegetarian and don't know the language. You get exactly what you see and they don't skimp on the serving size. The menu is quite small but you can tell this allows them to focus on making what they do serve, very tasty.

The place is quite small and an atmosphere which I liked but might not be for everybody. It was a relaxing and friendly place with lovely and helpful staff. Nice and informal with no table service.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely veggie food and friendly staff”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We called in for a late lunch after a morning sightseeing and were delighted to find ourselves spoilt for choice of vegetarian meals. In the end we settled for a lentil roll and spinach quiche, both of which came with salad and were delicious... So delicious that we asked the the recipe and the staff were happy to oblige.
Our only complaint is that we were too full to sample any of the tempting cakes!

Dublin, Ireland
“Great vegan option in a not too vegan-friendly town”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a great meal here, my girlfriend picked the vegan option and me the vegetarian. Our food was delicious and for a very reasonable price compared to other restaurants in Reykjavik. Good and fast service and the portions were huge.

“Fantastic”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Just like other reviewers, we did have to search a little bit for this restaurant (there are green feet on the pavement from the main street but I didn't see these until after!), but it was well worth the search. This was probably the best meal of my stay in Iceland and certainly the best value for money. I had a slice of quiche which was enormous and came with an equally impressive and varied side serving of salad. It was delicious, I was only disappointed that I didn't have room for dessert after :)