“Steak in the dark”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A good steak served with average potato and boring pepper sauce.
Not funned of finger salt. Hygiene is too poor. Would have liked a salt mill.
The restaurant is far too dark. A little more light would be good.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Sorry, pretty much disappointing from the meat, the chimichuri and on top of it - no lights - to read the menu!
The service and the wine though were ok.
So if you look for a decent steakhouse, go elsewhere.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I had very high expectations when i visited this restaurant, because of the price level and their meat specialist profile.

The atmosphere was very dark, and I noticed several other guests using cell Phones to light up the menu to be able to read it.

I ordered the rib-eye, and as I always do, I ordered it medium. When the dish was served, it was hardly cooked to rare... I sent it back, and they recooked it.. and it was still rare.. but now burned an all sides instead. I didnt want to send it back for the third time, since it was now been cut to pieces... so i said I wanted a new piece of meat. The waitress offered me the tenderloin instead, which I accepted. When it was served, it was cooked to medium/rare (!) and it was not tenderloin, it was entrecote..

At this point my wife had finished her meal, and was only waiting for me... I should have asked for the check and left the restaurant, and go for a kebab instead.. But I ate it just to be done with this place and because I was very hungry...

When the check came, I was charged with the rib-eye...

I feel sorry for the waitress that have to front the incompetence/arrogance of the chef/Kitchen.

1  Thank Andreas B
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We tried out this recommended restaurant for dinner. In a cosy dining room we got from a very friendly and attentive waiter detailed information about the food offered in the comprehensive menu list. Finally, we decided to select the 3 course menu accompanied with 3 different wines, price per person about 12,000 ISK. Right from the beginning we were impressed by the perfect taste and excellent quality of each dish. The starter was a pate followed by a salmon fillet with subtle composed vegetables and then we were served a lamb leg cooked to perfection. The dessert was an ingenious composition of vanilla mascarpone with fruit sirup. The administered wines from California, Chile and Spain we considered as a potpourri of flavors by themselves and this is the only thing we never would order again, because the refined taste of the food was predominated at least for our own tastiness and personal preference for more light and fruity wines. In summary, we were highly delighted having had a wonderful dinner here and we recommend a visit to “Argentina” to everybody willing to pay the adequate price.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went with friends, preordered menus to speed things up, but we had to wait 70 min for starters and the staff would´nt even give us the coffee free. Wouldn´t recommend it for the life of me. And yes the food was ok !