“Best steak of my life”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have eaten a lot of steaks in my life, and have the body to prove it. Never have I had a better steak than in Argentina Steakhouse. It is very pricey though.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Much advertised, does not meet the expectations. The restaurant is dark and dusty. Service is average, but the food is really mediocre. The lamb was fat and tasteless and the beef all but memorabe. Dishes presentation and meal qualities does not compare with the new and cool grill restaurants in town. Finally, definitively overpriced.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

A but expensive but only what you would expect in a capital city. About £30 to £35 for a steak .Great service . If you want to keep the price down don't have any extras and you could always drink the water. Icelandic water is fab .

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Dreadful, disappointing and underwhelming in everyway. Rude maitre D, as he ignored request to change table. Children on the premises were very noisy at 8pm sitting. Very unpleasant and expensive experience. Not what we expected at all.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited in March with friends. The steakhouse had been advertised a lot in the brochures and we were hungry and did not feel liking walking far, so we tried it. We had seen the hefty prices, but decided to take the gamble.
The waiters were nice, polite and helpful, albeit not the fastest. So if you go there, make sure to bring time... and money.
I was not too hungry, but my friend was and nearly started gnawing on the wooden decoration while waiting the waiters to take our order and to bring the food.
I decided to have a starter and a desert, which both caught my eye.
When the starter came, I was a tad bit disappointed. It was a huge plate alright. But there was only a tiny portion in the middle. I took several sips of beer to wash down any thoughts of exchange rates, but it would have probably taken a whole barrel of beer to erase the thought that this was probably the most expensive starter of my life so far. And the most disappointing one. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely, but half the price or twice as much food on my plate would have made me happier.
Desert: same story. Bavarois with blood orange, almonds and thyme ice cream and the recommended Trivento Late Harvest to go with it. I did not find the thyme, but it was pleasant. Again, I used the alcohol to forget about the price.
Would I go there again? I might, if someone else pays the bill.