“Fab steaks”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A but expensive but only what you would expect in a capital city. About £30 to £35 for a steak .Great service . If you want to keep the price down don't have any extras and you could always drink the water. Icelandic water is fab .

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Dreadful, disappointing and underwhelming in everyway. Rude maitre D, as he ignored request to change table. Children on the premises were very noisy at 8pm sitting. Very unpleasant and expensive experience. Not what we expected at all.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I visited in March with friends. The steakhouse had been advertised a lot in the brochures and we were hungry and did not feel liking walking far, so we tried it. We had seen the hefty prices, but decided to take the gamble.
The waiters were nice, polite and helpful, albeit not the fastest. So if you go there, make sure to bring time... and money.
I was not too hungry, but my friend was and nearly started gnawing on the wooden decoration while waiting the waiters to take our order and to bring the food.
I decided to have a starter and a desert, which both caught my eye.
When the starter came, I was a tad bit disappointed. It was a huge plate alright. But there was only a tiny portion in the middle. I took several sips of beer to wash down any thoughts of exchange rates, but it would have probably taken a whole barrel of beer to erase the thought that this was probably the most expensive starter of my life so far. And the most disappointing one. Don't get me wrong, it was lovely, but half the price or twice as much food on my plate would have made me happier.
Desert: same story. Bavarois with blood orange, almonds and thyme ice cream and the recommended Trivento Late Harvest to go with it. I did not find the thyme, but it was pleasant. Again, I used the alcohol to forget about the price.
Would I go there again? I might, if someone else pays the bill.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

An Icelandic friend took me to the Argentina Steakhouse trumpeting it as one of the best. Since I know how great the quality of meat and fish are in Iceland, I was very tempted to try it out. The service of the staffs were not that great and I was not very impressed with the fillet steak either, which I ordered. Using the steak at Gaucho in London as a benchmark, the Argentina Steakhouse was a disappointment. There is still something positive to add .. we ordered the lobster soup for starters, which was mindblowing.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A good meal which was spoiled by the very poor attitude of the staff. They were very unhelpful and cursory in their attention. Beware of getting and 'incorrect' bill and then them trying to charge more when they 'correct' the bill. A disappointing experience and not a good way to end an evening.