“Great Lamb, Intrusive Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Einar Ben - CLOSED

Einar Ben
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Miõborg
New York City, New York
“Great Lamb, Intrusive Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had soup, salad and lamb. The food is high quality. (Iceland is known for its lamb - sheep can be seen grazing all over the Iceland). The service is a bit quirky - perhaps too much attention - we felt we were observed all the time, but very professional. Place is busy - you will need a reservation

Visited November 2013

• Finnish first
South Florida
“Good Food, but Unfriendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

We both had lamb, which was very good, and the service wasn't bad, just unfriendly. We were there with a group of 25 people on tour and I don't think one of the wait staff cracked a smile. That put a damper on the meal.

Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Charming room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stopped in late, around 10:00, for a bowl of fish soup. The restaurant is on the second floor overlooking the square (I forget the name). It's decorated like house more than a restaurant. The food was good, and the service friendly, if a bit off. I never got a beer I ordered. This is a nice option in the area, but maybe not the best option if you have time to make a reservation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pennsylvania
“Old fasioned charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had our last night in Iceland dinner here. All was superb. They have a type of sole/flounder know as "plaice" and it was probably the best fish I had in Iceland. Great appetizers and cocktails too. Super service and a wine list a bit more extensive then the rest in Reykjavik. Only minimal complaint that it was very warm in here. You have to dress warmly to walk around in Iceland and even after shedding all out layers we were a bit warm...I'm sure the impending onset of winter will solve this!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fredruth
Wakulla Springs, Florida
“Great service from the Manager to the table waiters.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was with a group from Mayflower (53 people) and I do not eat lamb or salmon. I know 'what's wrong with me'?. I did not complain that I did not like the lamb the group was being server, the staff just noticed I was not allowing them to put the smoked salmon or lamb in front of me. The manager was very upset that I was not eating and made an extra effort to please me with a wonderful chicken dish. Then they brought us the best creamy dessert that I will never be able to pronouce. It was sort of vanilla pudding, but not. If you are in Reykjavik take the time to enjoy some of the best food in town with some of the nicest people.

Visited August 2013