“Great food, great staff”
Review of Caruso

Caruso
Ranked #53 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were walking down the street and stumbled upon this restaurant. It is situated in a old house that has lots of character. We ate upstairs and had the most friendly waiter. We really enjoyed him and I think he us. He was eager to learn where his customers were coming from and told a little about himself.

The menu is primarily Italian though they do have Icelandic fare of horse , goat and whale. The meals and the breads were great. No complaints here.

Check it out when in Iceland!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was the first meal we had in Reykjavik and it was delicious! I had tried to make reservations about a month prior but didn't get a response. When I sent another email, I was told that it would be impossible to get a reservation because the date I was interested in was Culture Night (an annual festival that sees 1/3 of the entire country flock to the streets of Reykjavik). However, I then received a response that since I had sent several emails without getting a response they would work us in. They gave us a reservation on the busiest day of the year and we had no trouble being seated or served!

The food was some of the best we had in Reykjavik and the location and ambiance were top notch. Pricing was very reasonable by Reykjavik standards too.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The very pleasant staff got us started. The interior has an historical feel.

I had the spaghetti with sea food. Very good. The side salad was a great value at $7.00. It's similar to a greek salad in the US. Ask for the dressing. It's not on it and it seems normal to the waiter for it to atrive dry.

It's a romantic candlelight dinner with great food. Our total bill for two was $70.00.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were grateful that the Head Waiter managed to squeeze us in and my wife was pleased to have a glass of sparkling wine even though it was only advertised by the bottle. I had a pint of micro-brewery beer which was very average but I felt I was doing the right thing!

We respectively chose tuna carpaccio and scallops for starters and each eschewed the slabs of fish and meat and chose a middle-sized main course salad, with coconut fried shrimps to share. The lobster salad was generous and the chef salad was varied and full. Wine by the glass was reasonably priced and varied.

The service was perfectly competent although our waitress was too shy to merit the term "friendly"; and it was a quiet and comfortable place in which to enjoy very good, moderately priced food. With this food, service and price, Caruso was nicely in tune.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

A good choice for hearty, fresh, tasty Italian food. Portions were generous (we couldn't finish the pasta and took home half the pizza!)

Staff were quick and attentive and happy to answer tourist type questions :0)

Seems to be open all day (lots of the other restaurants we tried mid-afternoon were closed).