“Nice and good!”

Ranked #53 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Nice place to have a meal. Food was great and the service was friendly! The fish is a must-have!

1  Thank JonJonMontreal

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The atmosphere is really great, but that's about all I can say to recommend it.

I ordered spaghetti a la Maria. It came out with overcooked noodles (sacreligous for any restaurant, let alone one that claims to be Italian) which tasted like they'd just been tossed in canola oil. No garlic, no herbs...nothing. And the shrimp tasted like Chinese food shrimp (I hope you know what I mean.)

My husband's salad was good, as was my mother-in-law's. My father-in-law ordered a pasta dish with some red sauce, and again, overcooked and he said it tasted really sub-par.

This place was very expensive, so it was commensurately disappointing.

1  Thank Bentobloggy
Reviewed June 25, 2011

My son and I visited Reykjavik in May for 4 days and ate here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. The restaurant is located on the main street and is quite noticeable by it bright yellow color. The seafood soup for lunch was large and full of seafood, great bread. For dinner, my son had a seafood pasta and I had lamb. All dishes were large and nicely presented. Staff were very attentive. Highly recommend.

1  Thank DeNiro57
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This restaurant was right next door to our hotel so it was convenient, but it was also really good, too. It was a very cozy little spot. The menu was really varied and had something for everyone. The service was great. The best part was the dessert -- I wish my husband and I had each ordered something instead of sharing!

Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have been to Caruso many times and its always very cozy and reasonably priced.
The pizza is great and cheap but dont go for that - you can have that anywhere - go for the pepper steak or lamb.
Great choice of wine and port too - and a nice before dinner drink area.

I'll be back every time I go ti Reykjavik for sure.