“Best ice cream in Reykjavik!”
Review of Valdis

Valdis
Ranked #6 of 34 Dessert in Reykjavik
Description: Ice Cream in Iceland
Description: Ice Cream in Iceland
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Best selection and taste. Quality great and service spot on. A bit or if the way but not hard to find. Their Licorice ice cream is the best!

1  Thank Kristine D

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Excellent ice cream. Hand made in the shop, with 'flavor of the day' specials each day. They even roll their own cones. Great stuff. Best ice cream I have had outside of Italy.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

When the place opened I couldn't understand the fuss, this was after all just ice cream. Boy was I mistaken! Every day they have different things on offer, including vegan options. Today I had the carrot-cake ice cream which was an interesting interpretation. Previously I've had popcorn ice cream, peanuts and caramel, Kinder Egg, chocolate + peanut butter + banana, and more, and I have to say they were all good - even though some were better than others.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

This is an Ice-cream shop, not a restaurant. Anyways. It was very cold in March, and I couldn't understand why the shop was full and even people standing outside, waiting to get in to buy some ice-cream. I though people might be a little nut. But in the evening, the place was not as busy, and I decided I had to try this. I was not disappointed. I chose my type of ice-cream and candy to go with it (in this case is was liquorice and I think it was turkish pepper) and the guy put it in a blender. It was so good. It was a huge portion but I couldn't stop until I had finished the whole thing.

1  Thank Margret1294
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Follow the blue line out of Old Harbour, as we did one evening, and go in the opposite direction from downtown, and you will come to this street of little storefronts near the new Saga Museum. Valdis is very popular among the locals, and we watched as families hopped out of cars and went away with gelato cones and bowls- or boxes, as our counter girl said! We visited 3x on our recent trip. For about $6 US, we enjoyed a triple scoop "box" of gelato. Flavors changed daily, although some favorites stayed in the case. There were at least a dozen flavors. We liked "National Day," a June 17 holiday red, white and blue special; chocolate; donut, with bits of donut; cookie and Oreo - although the cookie bits are like finely crushed crumbs, not big chunks. Each night, we sat outside on the curb, in the cold, light drizzle and late evening twilight and ate our gelato with tiny little shovel spoons! Bliss. As we heard from a guide, eating ice cream is a national past time, and is done all year round, and often as a date activity too.

1  Thank TripInsider