“Tolerable”
Review of Pavi Apartments

Pavi Apartments
Ranked #94 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Reykjavik
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked this and just before I left I read the reviews. Circumstances had caused me to attempt to change the booking a day or two prior to departure but my 2 emails gained no response. When we arrived - during day hours so no check in issues - we met the manager who complained about the number of emails I had sent (2?? and declined to change our booking arrangements. Apart from his surliness (the only individual we met over 2 weeks in Iceland who was unpleasant) the accommodation was fine and the breakfast the next day adequate. So if you haven't got a thick skin don't go there. The rest of the staff gave me the impression of being slightly harassed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter G

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good rooms and locations, no service, bad staff.
I arrive very late by airport bus. Me and friend and other 2 persons group.
Door was closed. To open door need to call by cellphone to local number. It costs me 4 euros (It is not European Union).
Receptions on third floor with no elevator. 10 minutes for check-in.
My room was clean and upgraded. (coool!)
In mourning breakfast from 7 to 10. I wait for available seats more when 30 minutes. Kitchen room is very-very small. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink.
Check-out is from 10 to 11.
Rented car where... Oh mine God! Owner very loud speaking strange ... men. Did not say even "hi". Just threw the keys on the table.
But location was really good! very close to main (almost) pedestrian street, bus station and supermarket.
Stuff - foreign students did not want to do anything (even answer for tourist questions), not polite at all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank demchart
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I wouldn't go there again (bad location, ugly house, locked entrance door - I had to phone and wait long for somebody, the staff was very unfriendly). No value for much money!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
7  Thank Regina508
Reviewed September 5, 2012

i arrived in this place at 2am; i booked online and when at the door i rang no one came down, a little paper on the door told me to call if i was a new guest, unfortunately my phone has no international roaming so i was upset and scared to sleep out cause at that time few people are in the streets. i found a way throught bestwestern hotel not too far and once inside i explained the receptionist it was stupid idea to do this way, cause many people dont have a phone or international roaming, he just told me it was my fault and i should be quiet cause people were sleeping.
the dorm is huge with more than 30 beds, still ok and confortable, no breakfast if u choses dormitory, which is not precised on the booking site. and finally many people complained about the service there so i felt better not thinking it was my fault.
to avoid cause if not full, other adresses are better and well situated for almost the same price

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank herbertfaust
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Finding a cheap accomodation in Reykjavik is quite hard: we managed to find one with this guesthouse, wich is, actually, a floor in an huge building with many mini-apartments (big room with kitchen and bathroom). Room was huge, clean, with a decent bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen, with the only downside of being on third floor and there's no elevator. Breakfast was not so good: a tiny room with 5 tables for about 20 guests, some milk, cheese and bread and nothing else, and, most important, no one cleaning tables. Value for money is good, so probably I would return here again, but forget any good breakfast here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank firestart80
Reviewed August 29, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we arrived in the night, they promised us a room with a sink but did not get it, they told us we could still choose (3am!!). Be aware, the webside told us an amount in euros but they transfer it to ISK with an extremely bad rate, so actually the amount you pay is 20% higher then written on the website!! So be aware. When I told this to the staff (I think the boss) he was extremely rude!!! For the rest the service was bad, for breakfast you had to wait because there was no space. I would only sleep here when the other option is sleeping in the street. Actually we did not get even a room in the hotel itself but in an other old building where you had to take a shower in the shared kitchen!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple