“Book here and enjoy...”
Review of Apartment K

Apartment K
Ranked #19 of 108 Specialty Lodging in Reykjavik
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I recently returned from my week away in Reykjavik and can honestly say I made a perfect choice to stay at Apartment K. I was delivered right to the door from the airport and able to store my luggage until I could check in as my flight arrived early in the morning. The studio had everything you could need, including what you would need for cooking, an incredibly comfortable bed and yes, the bathroom had a sliding glass door. I only requested a 'view' and was located on the third floor where you could view a decent area from the balcony. I did not have any problems with noise, it was quiet compared to where I am from actually. Only the most vocal of night goers reached my ears on the weekend, much better than hearing sirens though in my opinion. Everything you needed was a short walk from shopping for groceries and souvenirs, eating and drinking, and to many main attractions. Those who I dealt with were very helpful and courteous and I will not hesitate to book here again. One thing I would suggest...maybe a coat hook or two? Book here and enjoy!

Room Tip: If you have any special needs or requests, they respond quickly to emails so feel free to contact th...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Apartment K

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am writing this review only to make others aware of some ground realities, and to be careful when dealing with properties like this. Its not only a question of a property, also of value system and culture code. I did a booking in early October for this property. The card was rejected. Its presumed that the reservation done thru Booking.com is cancelled as no money was taken from the card, and one day's booking amount was a necessary precondition to advance reservation. Almost two and a half months later I suddenly get an email saying we are waiting you, and almost instantly the credit card details were used and en cashed for an excess of 1000 Euros. Apparently Booking.com sent a mail saying card cancellation is not reservation cancellation, and like innumerable mails they send me, this also went into spam. What is amazing is for those months in between neither the hotel nor booking.com thought it necessary to at least remind or send instructions on how to get to hotel or do even one mail or phone or anything. I find this behavior appalling and it doesnt matter how the property is, the value system and way of running is seriously in debate.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ats2014
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was a bit nervous when we were driving to the apartment but it turned out to be on the main shopping street so it was a great place to be located for sightseeing and going out in the evening - I think it was called Hotel K.

The room/studio had everything we needed and was very clean. The two guys who worked for Apartment K were very helpful and even arranged the airport bus for us.

The cafe downstairs does amazing coffee and great food.

I booked through booking.com and it was incredible value for 3 nights, especially compared to other places we stayed in Iceland.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Celebrated my birthday at Reykjavik and decided to stay at Apartment K, vs a hotel room. Good choice as it is well known by all coach/taxi drivers, and literally a stone's throw away from the main walking street.

We stayed in a studio and asked for a quiet room at the back of the building, which was honoured. The retro kitsch apartment was well stocked. You could cook a roast in the kitchen, but one thing to note is that the ultra modern hob took us a while to figure out how to use. So instructions would be good. Plenty of English TV channels, including BBC, ITV and Channel 4. Wifi was v weak within the apartment.

King size mattress was very comfortable and in its own separate area, which provides further privacy. Bathroom was amazing with ceiling to floor lava pebbles. Hand wash and body wah provided.

Will absolutely return if we come back to Iceland again!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hellobayo
Reviewed January 17, 2014

This place is perfectly located in the heart of the city and close to the main tour operators. The room was warm and cute, but really small and a little impractical for two people. The service was pretty good but not overly accessible.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mistyglo
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed here in January with a group of friends. The apartment was a great size for three friends and the location was awesome. We were next door to a nice bar, near shops and within easy walking distance of most tourist locations. It was loud on the one Saturday night we were there, but I think that would be the case most places in Reykjavik.

The unit was spacious and it was nice to have an apartment. Having a small kitchen and sitting area allowed us to entertain friends one night. There was plenty of storage room and closet space, so we could all unpack and feel settled in the space. The unit was clean and seemed safe.

The best part of the place was the value. We spent on four nights less than two nights in a hotel. We were nervous about what to expect for such a low price, but very pleased with our place.

One thing to note is that this is definitely an apartment rental and not a hotel. We never saw anyone from the staff after checking in and could not get touch with anyone on the in unit phone. If you’re looking for someone to help set up tours and answer questions you will not find these services here. But our group agreed that this wasn’t a problem as Iceland is a friendly, easy to get around place.

I will stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AmandaLF
Reviewed January 14, 2014

As described before the photos are deceptive, we also experienced a shabby flat with only one working light bulb in the main room on a broken 4 armed candelabra that kept going out and we had to twiddle with regularly; no working light bulb in the bedroom. Dirty shower and electric wiring dangerous as the light switches in the bathroom were above the sink including an electrical socket point. Ripped settee covers and again walls were very thin, we could hear a young family next door at all hours.
Apple TV was not set up to work and when we phoned at 5.30pm having arrived only 1/2 hour earlier nobody came to sort this out over our two night stay.
Good points were the location, comfortable bed and kitchen facilities including free tea and coffee.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple