Apartment K
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel(Reykjavik)
1,285 results
All reviewsmain buildingdeluxe studiogreat locationglass doorclear glassapple tvwashing machineipod dockliving roomcentral locationthe main shopping streetsmall kitchenself cateringcomfy bedbonus supermarketstreet parkingfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment at No. 46 which was fantastic. It was clean and fully furnished, you couldn't of asked for more. The location was perfect, right in the middle of town close to bars and restaurants. Just a 5 minute walk from the harbour. The apartment had apple TV so in the few down times it was great to crash in front of the TV to rest for 5 minutes before racing off on another adventure. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Binty73
Reviewed February 11, 2013

when we the booking was made we did not specify that we needed 2 beds, hence the first flat we saw was not suitable as it had just one double bedroom. The staff member that we saw (who was very polite) pointed out that we had not made that clear when we booked the room. we were moved to another flat, in another building, by car and the new flat was fine - but with several odd features, more of that later! It had a sitting room with kitchen, and a bedroom, and at 2.00 am the aforesaid staff member went out in the pouring rain and brought bedding for the bed settee in the sitting room.

The bathroom had a glass door right next to the toilet which meant a total lack of privacy, we rigged up a curtain to cover the door but without it this would have been a really awkward situation - not matter how intimate one is it really isn't too great to be sitting on the loo in full view of the dining table and kitchen. I could not see the need for a glass door in this situation - there was plenty of light in the bathroom, unlike the rest of the flat, where we had to trot around with the few lamps that there were to see what we were doing.

On my return I have been charged 5000 Iceland kroner extra on my card. I have queried this and been told that it was a charge for extra bedding. I am not going to argue with Apartment K about this, but think it is a bit cheeky.

There is a lovely pub under the flat where we stayed in Ingolfstraeti, called the Naesti Bar. It is not nasty at all, and the owner is Spanish and really sweet, reasonable drinks. We weren't bothered by the noise, but we were not there during the weekend.

I am going back to Reyjavik this summer, but wll be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: make sure that you tell them that you are not a couple when you book.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank janenowinspain
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Apartment K has a great location, in the middle of Reykjavik's historic centre - but that's also its main problem. Our apartment (no 1, on Ingolfsstraeti) was on a busy street, directly above Bar Naesti, which stays open until around 5am on weekends, so we had little to no sleep - despite the fact I'd emailed previously about the noise issue and been assured we'd have a quiet room! There was also no Apple TV or Mini Mac loaded with films, as we were told that "could not be guaranteed". The toilet lid was cracked and a half-eaten biscuit was left in the bedroom when we arrived. The bathroom also has a glass door and is opposite the bedroom, so your fellow guest can see everything you're doing and the shower has only a flimsy curtain, which does nothing to stop the water going all over the floor.
It's a real shame, because the price and location mean Apartment K could be great. In hindsight, I would rather have paid more and stayed in a hotel.

Room Tip: Only stay in apartment 1, Ingolfsstraeti, if you intend staying out all night at weekends!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bec1975
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Great apartment, perfect for what we needed.
Only negatives about our apartment was a lack of oven and bath. But with so many great places to eat nearby oven was not a huge issue.
Sky tv was nice for relaxing evenings in. Great communication before we arrived and we loved every minute of our holiday!!

Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Eddie_tcfc
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed in Apartment K in the end of October, 2012. We were overcharged for our room, and when we realized it (we were quoted in Euros, but the charge was made in IKR), we asked them about it. They said they would refund the overpayment to my credit card, but never did.
After leaving Iceland I realized they still hadn't refunded my card, and have been trying to contact them ever since, but with no response.
I'm now having to ask my credit card company / bank to do a charge-back of the amount, since the staff at Apartment K won't respond to any of my enquiries.
It's been over 2 months, and they still haven't said a single thing. Terrible service.
Too bad, because their apartment was quite nice... but I would avoid them in the future.

Room Tip: You have no idea which of their several apartments you'll be put in until you show up, as far as I can tell. If you have a preference, you had better request it in advance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple