“Excellent Walking Tour”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Reykjavik is a small city and it is pretty easy to see it all on your own. And we had the day prior when we arrived and walked ourselves around town. But we missed so much, and that's what makes I Heart Reykjavik walking tours so wonderful. Our guide, Olof, was lovely, and took us to great street art, a sculpture garden we never would have found, and government buildings we didn't notice, and along the way pointed out great shops, restaurants and the hidden "toys" all around the city. She answered all our questions about life in Reykjavik, and we passed a pleasant and informative 2 hours. Highly recommended.

All reviews
in 25 reviews
"mid tour"
"great tour"
in 27 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"jet lag"
"two hours"
in 13 reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"hot golden circle"
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

After arriving in the wee hours and getting minimal sleep, we joined the I Heart Reykjavik walking tour. It had come highly recommended by friends - and exceeded our expectations. Olof was funny, charming and very knowledgable. It gave us a great starting point for the downtown and we can't wait to try the pastry and coffee shops! Thank you for a wonderful introduction to your city.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a casual, informative tour by an Icelandic native, this is the one for you. Ásta answered all our questions with a friendly, helpful spirit. We really enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Olef, our lady guide, was amazing. She was very patience and passionate about her job. She showed us many places around the church and answered all our curious and sometimes ignorant questions.
Bravo, really knowledgeable and welcoming!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Hrannar gave us an excellent group walking tour! We were in Iceland a week and this tour was on our first day. It gave us a great background of the country, city, and starting point to plan our visit. Hrannar pointed out historical parts of the city, spoke to the city's mural art, and recommended great places to eat! I took the tour with my family. My father is in an electric scooter, and the whole tour was accessible for him. Curbs were not an issue and Hrannar was very kind to move at a pace that was comfortable for the whole group yet still inclusive for the scooter's speed. We appreciated his knowledge, kindness and humor! He was always reliable responding by email (as Americans we didn't purchase an international phone plan). We were unable to stop at all the places he recommended on this trip, but we will have to do it next time!