“Made our trip so much better!”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Like many here, we came across the I Heart Reykjavik blog and were immediately struck by Audir's advice, sense of humor, and love of Iceland. We read her advice (excellent!) and used her recommended tours for the bulk of our visit (also excellent!). And, of course, we needed to experience their I Heart Reykjavik walking tour to learn more about our host city. We scheduled our tour with them the afternoon of our arrival (an overnight flight) and it was the perfect way to start our visit even though we were jetlagged. Our tour was great fun and very informative about lots of big and little details about Reykjavik. It truly set the table for a magical first visit to Iceland.

Thank you, I Heart Reykjavik, for making our trip so much better. Your great sense of service and great love of all things Icelandic are infectious, and we strongly recommend you as a starting point for anyone visiting for the first time.

1  Thank bbursten
in 25 reviews
"mid tour"
"great tour"
in 27 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"jet lag"
in 8 reviews
"lay of the land"
"two hours"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"hot golden circle"
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2017

We first connected with Audir through her blog at the recommendation of my brother, this is a double endorsement. She generously helped us with some planning for our trip outside Reykjvik. And we booked a walking tour in Reykjavik. We went on a private tour on July 1, 2017 with Audir's husband. It was fun and informative. We spent about 3hours together and covered a lot of ground. While Reykavik is not a large city, it has some hidden gems, we likely would have missed. Plus it was so much fun talking with him ( I sadly never mastered saying his name). Could not have asked for a more enjoyable experience. If you go to Reykjavik-do it!

1  Thank ericafross
Reviewed July 14, 2017

My husband found the "I Heart Reykjavik" blog during our trip-planning research, and we got a lot of great information from their site. We chose to do their walking tour of Reykjavik on the day we arrived in Iceland (landed at around 9 a.m., tour at 1 p.m.), and it was a very nice way to get ourselves oriented to the city where we spent the first 3 days of our vacation. Olof was an excellent guide - she provided us a good overview of the city, gave suggestions for good places to eat, shared fun insights on the culture, etc., and we are so glad that we did the tour! We also used the website to choose and book our Laxnes Farm horse-riding excursion for the 2nd day of our trip, which was a great choice too!

1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed July 5, 2017

We had a really great time on this tour. I think it was about 2-3 hours long and the walking and pace is not stressful or difficult. We had a 9 month old in a stroller and it was snowing heavily and we did just fine. The tour guide (whose name I can't remember and I feel like a jerk because of it but he had red hair and a red beard and glasses) showed us places that were of the beaten path and was happy to give his actual opinion on restaurants and souvenir stores. We learned a lot about the city to include how to get around it. Really made for a great excursion and it wasn't expensive either. Most importantly, our guide answered every question we had. He seemed to know everything about Reykjavik and Iceland! Actually helped us find other things to do on our trip.