“Reykjavik walking tour”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed June 6, 2017

A really exceptional walking tour of the city centre. Asta was amazing! So knowledgeable and thoughtful, warm and good humoured, she opened the city up for us, petal by petal, and showed us a whole rich world within just those few city blocks that comprise central Reykjavik. I’d been advised to take the tour as soon as I arrived, and am very glad I did, as all week I found myself following Asta’s advice on places to explore further, places to eat, places of interest for one reason or another — everything from hotdogs to street art to shops to museums. She really oriented us to the city in the way that only someone who knows and loves it as she does could do. The tour informed and enriched my whole stay. As did the incredibly useful link provided at the end of the tour with its map of suggestions and its daily updated listings of things going on in the city. It's only two hours. Do it as soon as you get there. It will make the city come alive for you from the very start.

1  Thank r201720172017
in 25 reviews
"mid tour"
"great tour"
in 27 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"jet lag"
"two hours"
in 13 reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"hot golden circle"
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed May 30, 2017

Hrannar took us on the walking tour, and we had such a great time as he talked about Iceland in general and Reykjavik in particular. We learned such a lot and were given good pointers for where to spend our free time after the walk.
I also would like to thank the team for responding to my earlier emails before we even arrived, as that was a great help during the planning stages of our holiday. Do yourself a favour and enjoy this walking tour as much as I did - you won't be sorry.

1  Thank Andreado2014
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

We started our Reykjavík visit with Ólöf even before checking into our flat. She led us through the Downtown and Centre of Reykjavík, entertaining and informing on each street. She was charming and warm (on a windy, cold day). I really enjoyed the tour, and the hot chocolate at the mid-tour break was delicious (great bookstore, too). You can't go wrong beginning your visit with I Heart Reykjavík (their website is very helpful also).

Reviewed May 8, 2017

I used I Heart to fill up 3 nights in Reykjavik for me and my 21yr old son, and everything we did through them was splendid! The walking tour was leisurely with our guide pointing out the things she loved about the city from the wall paintings and quirky toy figurines to shops, bars and restaurants. We returned to many of the spots and were not disappointed (the 10am start was nice for those with a little jet lag).
We also booked the Hot Golden Circle tour through this site which made it a very convenient one shop stop. That all day tour with a small group was the perfect introduction to Iceland and some of the beautiful nature, culture and history it has to offer. From the geyer to the glacier, everything we did was spectacular!
I would highly recommend the I Heart team, they were responsive and easy to book through.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I had a short 48 hours in Iceland and signed up for their Hot Golden Circle Tour. We saw a national park, a geyser park, a waterfall area, ending up with a soak at the hot springs at the Secret Lagoon. Our driver/tour guide was very informative and friendly and kept us entertained during the drive between sites.

The mini bus was comfortable and we had a lot of options for lunch on our own at the geyser park. We also made a few stops not on the agenda to see a few other lakes and Icelandic horses. This tour picks you up around 10 am, so no scramble to get up early.

Don't skip the Secret Lagoon, even if the weather is not good. After a full day of touring around, it's a welcome respite. The water is so lovely and warm that any soreness or stress is immediately taken away.