“Perfect first day activity!”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed October 4, 2015

The walking tour was absolutely wonderful. Excellent pace for the sleep-deprived traveler and so informative. History and tourist tips all wrapped up into one very fun tour. I really loved that she pointed out unique features throughout the city that we never would have noticed otherwise. We only had a few days in this gorgeous city and I'm certain that taking this walking tour just a few hours after landing helped us have a fantastic time. Can't wait to travel back so we can take all of the other tours they offer!

1  Thank Ann P
"great introduction"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 28 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"sculpture garden"
"hot golden circle"
in 10 reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"two hours"
in 18 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2015

Had a wonderful tour of the city with Ásta Kristín in the company of 4 other companions. We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day and got to have an intimate first taste of the joys of Reykjavik.

Make this your first destination when you arrive in Iceland. The Blue Lagoon can wait!
You need sculpture, vegetarian cafes, local knitting, street art (the little mouse, the pavement fish) and yes hot dogs as your starting point.

Takk takk for a glorious morning with Ásta. Her love for the city is contagious and one of the reasons I have come home explaining to everyone why they absolutely need to go to Iceland.

Reviewed September 26, 2015

We didn't and wish we had. Read about it in advance of trip. It would have been good to get background and recommendation on city and activities. We stumbled around for four days on our own. So after you sleep off jet lag, find I Love Reykjavik and go. By the way, we do love Reykjavik and will return again, soon, I hope.

1  Thank barbarapC4814MC
Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

I was recommended to this company by friends who love going to Iceland. Audur was an amazing guide, and kept us laughing the entire time. She is also an amazing resource for everything Reykjavik and much of the rest of Iceland. I definitely recommend signing up for the Icelandic lessons given by Ásta. She was incredible and we ended up staying at her house until 1:30am because the conversation was incredible. Do it toward the beginning of your stay in Iceland and you won't regret it. We also did the glacier walk your with their partner company, and had the BEST time!

3  Thank familyroamers