“Great tour and even better resource!”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed September 23, 2015 via mobile

I was recommended to this company by friends who love going to Iceland. Audur was an amazing guide, and kept us laughing the entire time. She is also an amazing resource for everything Reykjavik and much of the rest of Iceland. I definitely recommend signing up for the Icelandic lessons given by Ásta. She was incredible and we ended up staying at her house until 1:30am because the conversation was incredible. Do it toward the beginning of your stay in Iceland and you won't regret it. We also did the glacier walk your with their partner company, and had the BEST time!

3  Thank familyroamers
"great introduction"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 28 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"sculpture garden"
"hot golden circle"
in 10 reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"two hours"
in 18 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 20, 2015

We wanted to get a sense of what Reykjavik was all about, so our tour company (Nordic Visitors) signed us up for the I Heart Reykjavik walking tour. What we liked most about this is that it wasn't just about the main touristy attractions. We were shown some of the best cafés to attend, some of the street graffiti and some of the ways of living.

A great few hours to get a good sense of what the city is about.

1  Thank Peter P
Reviewed September 16, 2015

My husband and I did this tour a few days ago and it was great. We flew in that morning and did the 10 am tour with Audur and she was wonderful. I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and did the tour on our first morning there, even though we were super tired. Audur is friendly, funny and gives you a great walking tour with suggestions for bars, restaurants and things to do. Additionally, she has a fantastic blog for tips around Iceland. We booked a Budget rental car and did the horse tour through her website and they worked out great. This tour is worth it and was a great intro to Reykjavik. Thank you Audur!

1  Thank Kelly N
Reviewed September 13, 2015

I would recommend this tour - particularly early on in your stay if you're looking to get your bearings around Reykjavik. Ásta was a wonderful tour guide and very happy to make honest recommendations and she provided a really interesting history of the city. There were only 5 people on the tour I took, which was lovely and it meant we had time to linger and ask questions about what we should do next. Wrap up warm though, because at (at least) 2 hours spent outside, you'll be cold otherwise. It's perhaps not as cheap as the 'free walking tour' some companies provide but I absolutely got my money's worth here.

1  Thank lauraj7652