“Great tour!!”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed September 16, 2015

My husband and I did this tour a few days ago and it was great. We flew in that morning and did the 10 am tour with Audur and she was wonderful. I followed the suggestion of another reviewer and did the tour on our first morning there, even though we were super tired. Audur is friendly, funny and gives you a great walking tour with suggestions for bars, restaurants and things to do. Additionally, she has a fantastic blog for tips around Iceland. We booked a Budget rental car and did the horse tour through her website and they worked out great. This tour is worth it and was a great intro to Reykjavik. Thank you Audur!

1  Thank Kelly N
in 25 reviews
"mid tour"
"great tour"
in 27 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"jet lag"
in 8 reviews
"lay of the land"
"two hours"
in 13 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"hot golden circle"
in 19 reviews
"points of interest"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 13, 2015

I would recommend this tour - particularly early on in your stay if you're looking to get your bearings around Reykjavik. Ásta was a wonderful tour guide and very happy to make honest recommendations and she provided a really interesting history of the city. There were only 5 people on the tour I took, which was lovely and it meant we had time to linger and ask questions about what we should do next. Wrap up warm though, because at (at least) 2 hours spent outside, you'll be cold otherwise. It's perhaps not as cheap as the 'free walking tour' some companies provide but I absolutely got my money's worth here.

1  Thank lauraj7652
Reviewed September 10, 2015

After you get off the plane and check into your hotel in the city, the next thing you should do is take this walking tour of Reykjavik. The sights to see and places to eat my sister and I learned about from Audur our guide were invaluable and we found ourselves returning to during our stay. Audur's website where I learned about the tour is also a great source for all things Iceland. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 9, 2015

Really a nice way to get a bit of a sense about what Reykjavik is about. It was a great way to spend a few hours and have a nice walk around.

1  Thank Golferjeff