“A+”
Review of I Heart Reykjavik

I Heart Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I Heart Reykjavik is a small family run company in Reykjavik that specializes in one thing: making your stay in Reykjavik the best it can be. We do that by offering unique and interesting experiences and partnering with companies that we know will take good care of you. Our main product is the I Heart Reykjavik Walking Tour that has been featured in publications such as the New York Times, New York Magazine, Irish Times and on numerous travel blogs. If you need a bit more flexibility or you just want to keep your guide to yourself you can also look into booking our Private Walking Tour. Finally we just introduced a great new Crash Course in Icelandic which will be available from May 2015. We care about social responsibility, honesty and integrity and we try to reflect that in everything we do. We also love what we do and count our blessings every day. We heart this city and we want you to heart it too.
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Neon Warriors are happy to report that the I Heart Reykjavik tour was absolutely delightful. Could not recommend it more. Auður is very knowledgeable and happy to make little stops along the way for a picture, coffee or quick bite to eat.

Also, we loved meeting other folks visiting Iceland who joined us on the tour. We met up with them later in the week which we couldn't have done without I Heart Reykjavik.

Xo!

"great introduction"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 28 reviews
"great start to our trip"
"sculpture garden"
"hot golden circle"
in 10 reviews
"lay of the land"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
"two hours"
in 18 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We're so glad we booked the tour. We especially enjoyed having our eyes opened to the architecture and also the street art we had blindly wandered past the previous evening. Her love and enthusiasm for this wonderful city came through and have enhanced our vist.

2  Thank GreyLfz
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This morning I had the great experience of taking Auður's I Heart Reykjavík walking tour. It was easy to find, and she was very welcoming to all of us. I am visiting with my brother and decided to go out and do things on my own - so I signed up easily on the website. She gave us a brief history of the places we toured with some tips for good places to eat, shop, and visit along the way. I ended up with great photographs of street art, which is why I was excited to go in the first place. Also it is a nice way to see some of what she writes about in her blog that I enjoy so much. Auður was helpful earlier too because I messed up my reservation and she straightened it out for me. I would totally recommend anyone who visits Iceland capital region -- do this tour when you first get here, you will not be disappointed!

3  Thank Rachel Z
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We found out about Auður’s tour from her excellent blog, iheartreykjavik, and we’re really happy we got to see a little of the city with her. If you’re not lucky enough to have a friend who was born and raised in the city, this is the next best thing. Auður is genuinely affectionate and knowledgeable about the city’s history and culture, especially its vibrant street art, and her willingness to share some of her favorite spots -- as well as let us know what was probably okay to skip -- were really appreciated given that we only had a short time there.

If you’re thinking of a visit, be sure to visit her blog and when you go, be sure to look her up.

3  Thank Raymond J
See more reviews
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My girlfriend and I began our Iceland trip with Auður's walking tour of Reykjavik. This offered us an excellent way to orient ourselves to the city, so that we could plan our itinerary for the remainder of our stay. We found Auður to be earnest, intelligent, interesting and willing to adapt the tour based on guests' questions and interest. She has a great sense of humor, and does an excellent job giving detailed information. I highly recommend her tour. I also recommend her as an excellent source of advice and recommendations.

2  Thank motorapido