“Enhanced the Reykjavik experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 4th Floor Hotel

4th Floor Hotel
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Reykjavik
Toronto, Canada
“Enhanced the Reykjavik experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2008

This summer, I traveled through Northern Europe with a group of 12 people, starting with a two day visit to Reykjavik. The original appeal of the 4th Floor Hotel was its fantastic location as it is next to the shopping district, eateries, clubs and quite a few local attractions. This is very much a boutique hotel that is family run and they do their very best to make sure that you have a pleasant stay with them. They were able to accommodate us all in clean, comfortable rooms that had a unique Scandinavian charm to them. The staff provided us with a wealth of information that allowed us to make informed decisions on where to sightsee, eat and shop. They were even able to arrange a sightseeing tour that got us up-close and personal with the many natural wonders surrounding the Reykjavik area.

I have stayed at a number of boutique hotels in various cities in Europe, but this one significantly stands out in my mind. It is in an ideal location but more so because of the hotel staff who were friendly, considerate and caring – they made my group feel like an extension of their family. The hotel has become an indelible part of my Reykjavik experience.

• Liked — Location and personal attention by staff
  • Disliked — Washrooms rather small (but hey, its small boutique hotel)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

My husband, mother-in-law, 2 children and myself stayed at the 4thfloor hotel for 8 nights in July '08. We had two contemporary decorated rooms and two modern bathrooms that were situated so that we could close the door to the hall. This enabled us to have our own personal and private space. We have travelled throughout Europe. Most rooms in Europe are rather small. We found the 4thfloor to be extremely comfortable. We also appreciate how clean our rooms and the entire hotel are kept. Breakfast was included in the price of the hotel. The staff was always friendly. The location of the 4thfloor hotel couldn't have been better. It is located on Laugavegur which is the main shopping street in downtown Reykjavik. Shopping, sightseeing and dining are footsteps away. I highly reccomend this establishment if you are looking for great service, clean and affordable accomdations and a central location while in Reykjavik.

• Liked — Accomdating us with 2 rooms that were together and able to close from the hall
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Soley_8
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

Management were very accommodating. There was an electrical "buzz" in our lovely standard room which was annoying. I mentioned this to the receptionist and the manager came to listen... He immediately upgraded us to very large room for free. Very friendly place, perfect location at end of main shopping street, some rooms have sea view.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank UkSimondo
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

I love traveling, but generally I regard airlines and hotels as the necessary bit sandwiched in between the excitement of ‘seeing the sights’ Well hats off to the 4th Floor Hotel they get my unreserved congratulations for a friendly well run and adaptable hotel. It appears (and is) a very family operation and the attention to detail is apparent as soon as you check in. My wife and I stayed on the second floor, which confused us given the name of the hotel but apparently they are expanding due to popularity a fact easily understood., Our room 203 was extremely tastefully decorated and comfortable, we stayed one evening, checked in quite late and were given advice on where to find places to eat as they don't appear to have an evening meal service. The following morning breakfast was a casual affair served in the adjoining café. Our thanks to the owners and staff for a great experience.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank Bigkiwi
Hadley, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2007

My sister and I just returned from a 7 night stay at the 4th Floor Hotel in Reykjavik . I travel often and frequently and have to say this was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had at a hotel.

This is small hotel that has a boutique feeling....Light colored hardwood floors, contemporary...scanadanavian-minimal-design. Sleek, clean warm and friendly.

From the time we came until the time we left the staff were extremely helpful, courteous, warm and friendly and consistently so.

The staff went out of their way to coordinate tours for my sister and myself. Assisted us with compettive rates for the myriad of day tours from Reyjavik to see glaciers, volcanos, etc , made excellent and helpful recommendations regarding places to eat , shop and for clubs.

The breakfast is a large and lavish spead of cheeses, meats, breads, croissants, fruits.

The location was central and very convenient and across from Laugevegur, the main shopping street......

I highly would recomend this hotel

• Liked — Staff, location, decor, price
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family