“So worth it!!”

Ranked #49 of 597 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Deli, Seafood, International, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is situated at Skolavordustigur 40 in Reykjavik. The design concept is a mixture of warm modern Icelandic feel with international touch wherein furniture of designer Tom Dixon play the main role. The restaurants is on two floors with an open kitchen and a wieldy bar. The restaurant is divided into spaces with cozy leather couches and has a variety of different table settings. The cuisine is feel good comfort food with a twist on classic cuisine. The menu offers a variety of starters, salads, fish, steaks and desserts. The head chef, Sævar Lárusson is a young ambitious chef who has gathered years of experience at Reykjavík‘s best restaurants, working along side many of the country’s most renown chefs. The restaurant centers around a bar where the country's best cocktail bartenders serve craft cocktails from the best ingredients available and are offering an ambitious cocktail list.
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Dining is Reykjavík can be pricey but on my last night in town I decided to treat myself to dinner at Kol which was recommended to me by my Air B n B host. Walked in without a reservation at 7.15pm and was seated right away. I was lucky to have a view of the kitchen so I could see the chefs work their magic! Complimentary bread with thyme butter was delicious. The kitchen also treated me to a complimentary starter of beef tataki which was divine. For main course I chose the slow cooked beef rib eye. The portion size was more than enough and I can eat quite a lot, especially after a busy day of touring! The meal itself was beautifully presented and delicious, especially the mushroom purée which I could have had on its own with some warm sourdough. Definitely worth the price and now that I have been I would say it is actually very good value for money considering the attentive service and fine dining experience. Run, don’t walk!

4  Thank Mich_86_9
Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed June 27, 2018

Went here to celebrate my mother in law's birthday and boy, did we strike gold here. The atmosphere is very relaxed and a bit loud, but really friendly service with constant attention started the evening on a great note. Our mixed group of seniors to teenagers quickly found our favourites on the menu and we all loved our dishes. The presentation of each dish was just Instagram friendly with fantastic desserts rounding off a wonderful experience. A bit on the pricey side but worth every penny. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Love the bread and the whipped butter. Love the atmosphere and everything I've tried is awesome. Burgers at lunchtime are so good and the fries fried in graisse de canard are to die for.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed June 25, 2018

The restaurant serves an excellent menu and has some delicious cocktails for all to try. I ate the lightly salted cod and a mangobrew cocktail and it was all amazing! Slightly expensive but worth it anyway.

2  Thank Deepika N
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The food was excellent and the staff very friendly and professional. Especially the see food plate was a fantastic scenery of fresh fish - and very tasty and elegant.
So was the Lamb - never ever tried anything like that.

1  Thank Bulskov